Insurance companies-suggestions?

Gavin and Chantell

Hi

Do any of you perhaps have any insurance companies you would recommend for car and house contents insurance cover please?

I need to insure mine,and am not sure who would be highly recommended...

Hi,

We used SGIO for our first vehicle. They charged us full price ($269 :wacko: ) because we did not have our WA licenses for more than one year. When we bought the second car, they referred me to RAC, and just for fun I asked for a quote on the other car as well. :wacko: It now costs me $155 for both cars AND the house contents (insured @ $50 000) They organised the whole thing right there, and even canceled my SGIO insurance for me.

I don't know any of the other insurers, these are the major ones we have here, and for me RAC is best. Hope you find one that suits your needs.

Greetigns,

Dreamy

Edited by Dreamcatcher

Hi guys...

If you want a bit of SA flavour, try Real Insurance... They are backed by Hollard and were formed on the OUTsurance model here in SA (quite a few ex-OUTsurance employees work for Real). Most of their senior management are ex-south african too.

www.realinsurance.com.au

Norm

Can anyone assist me with approximate costings for comprehensive insurance on 2 vehicles of value AU$ 25 000 each business use in Sydney kept in the suburbs of the North Shore ?

Thanks Norm

I tried that but have yet to receive a reply because they wanted lots of info which I could not provide incl. reg. number, make, model , colour, address etc etc

I am just looking for a ball park figure here

Can anyone help with their cost, even if you live outside of Sydney

Thanks

Hallo

I did my car insurance through SWAN - this was done at the venue where I bought my car.

I did my Home contents through my Bank (ANZ) - it worked quite well.

Next year I will most likely add my car onto the ANZ insurance. - Ask you bank for insurance

Other wise other palyers to consider are :

RACQ

AAMI

Otherwise watch TV - they all advertise

Cheers

Berndt

You can work on about $400 - $500 per car p.a. and about $300 - $400 p.a. for household. It depends on so many things (sedan, 4X4, using your car for work purposes, who'll be driving it, single or double level house etc etc)., it is difficult to be able to tell you how much you'll pay, but this is the average.... Hope this helps.

A few insurance companies: (some of them have online tools to calculate your insurance premium, so you can play around with it a bit. Do a google search on the company name + au)

AAMI

Allianz

Australian Pensioners

Budget Direct

CGU

GIO

HBA

HBF

Mutual Community

NRMA

RAA

RAC

RACV

SGIC

SGIO

Suncorp

Western QBE

Hubbie & I have been with NMRA and we very happy with their service for our cars and household insurance. My parents have been with them since they arrived in the country.

Edited by sonnetjie

I have my house insurance with my bank, Police Credit Union ( PCU ). Easily arranged in 20 minutes and only cost $ 26 per month for comprehensive insurance. How cheap is that !

My car was insured with SWAN and cost $ 580 a year , however I changed this to my banks in house insurance last week in fact and saved a neat $ 220 per year for the same comprehensive insurance. Arranged on PCU's website in 15 minutes, policy received 3 days later in the post, payment debited in a day. Man it is LEKKER to be in the first world where things work :ilikeit:

My suggestion is also ask your bank for a insurance quote