label free eligible pasport

Renier perth

So the grant letter tels me

''as a holder of a label free eligible passport,there is no requirement to have visa labels evidenced in your passports prior to travel to australia''

so i wont have it in my pasport

did any one experince any problems at the air port?

how can i find out if all my visa info is corect on the pasport?

any info will help thank you

So the grant letter tels me

''as a holder of a label free eligible passport,there is no requirement to have visa labels evidenced in your passports prior to travel to australia''

so i wont have it in my pasport

did any one experince any problems at the air port?

how can i find out if all my visa info is corect on the pasport?

any info will help thank you

Hi Renier

What passport do you hold then?

I think there was a post a while ago that said 457's don't need to be evidenced - maybe someone can confirm??

Would also like to know whether anyone has had problems at the airport?

Think it must feel strange going without anything 'in' your visa...

Ok, found it myself on DIAC website:

As of 2 January 2009 Subclass 457 visa holders may travel label free to Australia if they hold a passport from an eligible country. The complete list of eligible label free countries for the Subclass 457 is available from the departmental website. (SA is listed as eligble :blink: ) - for a change...

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-wor...visa-labels.htm

edited to add: Subclass 457 visa holders that hold a passport from a country listed as an eligible label free country will no longer need to present to an immigration office (on or offshore) to have their visa evidenced.

Edited by pingz

Spot on my bigest wory is i get to the air port and they stare at me blank telling me i cant board the plane

A twist on this issue.

We have a 457 visa and are due to leave soon. We have our grant letters but the application was done on our old passports and reflects those passport numbers. We will be traveling on our new passports which have different passport numbers. We still have our old passports which are evidenced - just happens that they expire 1 July and we are entering on 17 June.

Any ideas if this will cause problems?

Just take the visa grant letter with if you are worried. Otherwise sneak through when the guard is busy grilling a businessman :ilikeit:

A twist on this issue.

We have a 457 visa and are due to leave soon. We have our grant letters but the application was done on our old passports and reflects those passport numbers. We will be traveling on our new passports which have different passport numbers. We still have our old passports which are evidenced - just happens that they expire 1 July and we are entering on 17 June.

Any ideas if this will cause problems?

I tkink you need to inform DIAC that you have new passports, apparently all they do is link your new passport no. to the 457, don't thinl it's a biggy!

Maybe just phone them or your old CO (if you still can) and make sure. I always say rather safe than sorry!!

Please let us know what they say!!