Natural Sausage cassings

AtInOZ

I'm hunting for natural sausage casings in the Northern Perth area (not the synthetic collagen stuff).

Need to make boerewors and the synthetics don't do it for me. Anyone know of a source for this ?

I'm hunting for natural sausage casings in the Northern Perth area (not the synthetic collagen stuff).

Need to make boerewors and the synthetics don't do it for me. Anyone know of a source for this ?

hi atinoz

i am not in aus.but wil try.

try the local butcher and ask for sheep casings.filling capacity per bundle approx 25 kg!

then there is hog casinings.much thicker than sheep tough.just make sure you mention for sausage.

The butchers at Herdsman Fresh are very accomodating to such requests. They also make sausages on-site (even boerewors, but it's not very good) and can give you the various relevant nitrates and nitrites if you wish to use them. Will check with them on the weekend. I think our Aussie neighbour wants us to make some real boerewors. He even gave us a mincer with a sausage attachment as a not-so-subtle hint... Would love to synch recipes, if you don't mind...

have you got "aussie meat market" butchery near you, ours orders them for us. Quite cheap too...

AtlnOz

My butcher , Barbaro brothers in Cockman Drive in Greenwood has natural sausage casing, you need to order from them.

regards

Enrica

Thanks for the replies. I managed to get natural hog's casings from the butcher in Duncraig.