Picture

billabong

Question

How do you get your profile picture to appear under your name?....

19 answers to this question

Click on My Controls at the right top of your screen.

Now click on Edit Avatar Settings on the left of the screen

Thanks Polly!!! What kind of a word is Avatar in any case?....what does it mean?... :lol:

...but how do you choose an 'Avatar' or pic that isn't from the pre-selected gallery?

Click on "Browse" and choose something from your computer....

"the term dates at least as far back as 1985, when it was used as the name for the player character in the Ultima series of computer games" - from Wikipedia

Means "the embodiment of something"

Been around in pc terms for quite a while, especially on the internet.

Each time I try it tells me the picture exceeds the maximum size,how do I change the "size" Sorry but BBC --Born before computers.......Not really just quite computer illiterate!!!!!

If you have a program to resize it, you can make it smaller and then save it.

Otherwise:

Using My Computer, go to where you can see the file. Right-click the file, Click on Send To and then on Mail Recipient. You will get a little message that asks if you want to make the picture smaller.

Now you get an email with an attachment. Right-click on the attachment and save. It is now small enough to upload.

Hope that makes sense.

I am sick with bronchitis and a headache, so I cannot do screen prints, etc. You will have to wait a few days if you need more details. Need to get to a doctor.

Thanks Eva. Just spent a fortune on medication. Back on cortisone, so I am not a happy camper. Downright miserable B)

*so please excuse me if I am crabby the next few days

Edited by polly

Thanks Eva. Just spent a fortune on medication. Back on cortisone, so I am not a happy camper. Downright miserable :lol:

*so please excuse me if I am crabby the next few days

Poor thing, get better soon, and we'll forgive any crabbiness.... B)

Click on 1, then click on two then click on 3

changeavatar.jpg

Edited by polly

HI Polly,

Thanks for that. But I don't have those options. I can only choose from a gallery?

Perhaps I should send my pic. to a moderator (?????names please?)

your pal, Mel

To get a list of the moderators, click on My Assistant top right. A little window pops up with links to the moderators.

PS obvious question, but did you try to scroll down?

Edited by polly

:ilikeit: Oh! Yes. no worries I got in touch with Mara. Thanks anyway!

If you have a program to resize it, you can make it smaller and then save it.

Otherwise:

Using My Computer, go to where you can see the file. Right-click the file, Click on Send To and then on Mail Recipient. You will get a little message that asks if you want to make the picture smaller.

Now you get an email with an attachment. Right-click on the attachment and save. It is now small enough to upload.

Hope that makes sense.

I am sick with bronchitis and a headache, so I cannot do screen prints, etc. You will have to wait a few days if you need more details. Need to get to a doctor.

Hope u feel betta soon!!

I will try your advise this weekend if I do not suceed I probably will BUG u again.

No worries :) Dr gave me a bunch of meds. Given me the shakes, but I can breathe again :)

Hope u feel betta soon!!

I will try your advise this weekend if I do not suceed I probably will BUG u again.

Hi sorry still no luck!

Followed all u said got a new message this time "Not allowed to upload that type of file as photo!!!!

The image needs to be of type gif, jpg, jpeg or png. That means, if you right click on the image in My Computer and click on Properties, the last three / four characters in the name (after the dot .) should be gif, jpg, jpeg, png.

You can convert the picture to the right type by opening it in Paint (Start | All Programs | Accessories | Paint) Click on File, then Save As. Change the file type to JPG

Hope that makes enough sense