Settling in.

Quantum

Hi All,

My wife and I in Melbourne in Sept 08 and slowly getting our heads around living in Aus.

We've just taken it slow and eased into life here rather than rush out and try to replicate our life in SA (Kyalami).

All good so far.

Welcome to the forum Quantum

You've been in Aus a little longer then me - but i have to agree with you - take it slow and everything will come right.

All the best

Welcome to the forum!

Glad you're settling in. Must say, I will be glad once this limbo waiting for our visa is over and we can move and begin to settle in.

All the best!

Hey Quantum,

You must have HUGE REGRET having landed in Oz now!!!

(I see people moving closer to the screen as they read this)

I just can't imagine how you could have made this entire move across to Oz, stress, and challanges, and all,

and you did it without being a member of the forum!!!!

Ok, so I like talking nonsense.

A very warm welcome to you. Keep us posted on how things go.

Once again, thanks to all of you already there giving us still here the "eyewitness" low down on life there.

We need all the help we can get with our migration journey.

I can't help it, I just have extra admiration for you folks who physically land in these current economic times.

The wheel will turn, but surely the journey can't be easy.

Give us some reports on the economics in Oz regarding day-to-day living?

All the best

Andre

Hey Quantum,

You must have HUGE REGRET having landed in Oz now!!!

(I see people moving closer to the screen as they read this)

I just can't imagine how you could have made this entire move across to Oz, stress, and challanges, and all,

and you did it without being a member of the forum!!!!

Ok, so I like talking nonsense.

A very warm welcome to you. Keep us posted on how things go.

Once again, thanks to all of you already there giving us still here the "eyewitness" low down on life there.

We need all the help we can get with our migration journey.

I can't help it, I just have extra admiration for you folks who physically land in these current economic times.

The wheel will turn, but surely the journey can't be easy.

Give us some reports on the economics in Oz regarding day-to-day living?

All the best

Andre

Hi Andre dP,

Yep....it's had it's challenges, stress and moments of doubt.

However, the decision was made for all the right reasons, and we're glad we made the choice.

After all, no-one forced us to come here, it was a concious decision on our part....

100% AGREED, finding this forum before we moved would have influenced a number of decisions we made and could have decreased the stress levels for sure !

Before moving to Kyalami, we stayed in Benguela Ave in Randpark Ridge.......notice you stay there currently.

Hi again Quantum,

Where in Benguela Ave, and what period?

We were in Eagle's Nest right down the bottom. Opposite Bayswater Place. Apr 2000 - Jan 2008.

We're now renting up near Christiaan de Wet Av, just behind the NHC building.

I have this selfish hope that the Aussie property market will not grow much now, just to give me a chance to get in!!

Cheers

Andre du Preez

Hi,

We were at Benguela Place, on the corner of Dale Lace and Benguela from 200-2006.

What a great suburb....it was like living in a village all on it's own.

We're renting in Aus....have'nt ventured into the property market as yet.

Hope your plans come together (Where in Aus are you headed ?)

Hi All,

My wife and I in Melbourne in Sept 08 and slowly getting our heads around living in Aus.

We've just taken it slow and eased into life here rather than rush out and try to replicate our life in SA (Kyalami).

All good so far.

Hey Quantum we are also from Kyalami how exciting. We lived in Crocus road and we are now in Mildura in the Outback

since Jan 2008. Would you like to chat offline

Hey Quantum we are also from Kyalami how exciting. We lived in Crocus road and we are now in Mildura in the Outback

since Jan 2008. Would you like to chat offline

PM sent

Hi Quantum,

We are heading for WA. Initially I thought Perth itself, and that would be great, but I have to say that I've

broadend my approach. Anywhere south of Perth down to Busselton (220km) would even be an option. Bunbury (180km)

looks good also. North there is very little for 430km untill you get to Geraldton. I am bound to WA due to State

Sponsorship, but that's ok for me. I'm in the electrical industry (Electrician + Engineering Dip.) There is one country

completely unaffected by the global stuff - Antarctica. Could get some cool jobs there!

What's your line? (that was a TV game show many years ago)

If you don't mind, drop me an e-mail: andylec@absa.co.za

Thanks,

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Quantum,

We are heading for WA. Initially I thought Perth itself, and that would be great, but I have to say that I've

broadend my approach. Anywhere south of Perth down to Busselton (220km) would even be an option. Bunbury (180km)

looks good also. North there is very little for 430km untill you get to Geraldton. I am bound to WA due to State

Sponsorship, but that's ok for me. I'm in the electrical industry (Electrician + Engineering Dip.) There is one country

completely unaffected by the global stuff - Antarctica. Could get some cool jobs there!

What's your line? (that was a TV game show many years ago)

If you don't mind, drop me an e-mail: andylec@absa.co.za

Thanks,

Cheers,

Andre

Andre, PM sent.