So what can you eat?

Guest Lara

Guest Lara

Someone asked me that other day "so what can you eat?"

So I compiled a list:

Locally grown organic fruit and vegetables. Or locally grown but washed well or skin removed.

Preservative free meat and chicken (free range)

Goats milk or cheese

Cold pressed virgin olive oil

Sardines, mackeral (perservative, colourant, flavour free) in olive oil or brine.

Trout fresh or smoked

Liver & kidneys from a reputable butchery.

Couscous.

Most small fish are fine. Be wary of large fish like Tuna as they often have high levels of mercury in them.

I make my own bread (way cheaper than buying bread) The flour is preservative and soy free.

Preservative free wine - Hardys, Happs and Banrock Station are the ones I know of

Preservative and additive free beer - Coopers, Swan Brewery and Little Creatures are the ones I know so far

Pasta - I buy proper Italian pasta - but I'm going to start making my own as it will be cheaper.

I grown my own herbs - basil, orgegano, parsley

Dark chocolate 70% cocoa and above - must be soy lechiten free

Hazen Diaz vanilla ice cream.

Mirenesse make a good range of ethical chemical free makeup.

Bicarb is an amazing cleaner.

We used goats milk soap or olive oil soap.

Aubrey Organics Angelica perfume

I don't use telfon coated pans to coat - the stuff is toxic and kills birds if they are too near the pan when something is cooking on a high heat.

I'm avoiding stainless steel where possible as it is also known to be toxic.

I avoild all parabens where possible and anything containing Sulphates or Sulphides.

I generally try and avoid most products from China as there have been a lot of poisioning lately.

My son reacted really badly to his footie socks (I stupidly forgot to wash them beforehand) and he ended up with hives on his ankles and feet. Poor kid thought ants were eating him.

WOW..really healthy and green!

Lara, I find this interesting as I have family members who are allergic to MSG and cook accordingly. They have a problem when their kids go to parties as the kids go straight for the crisps, chocolates and ice cream, no doubt due to the extremely restrictive diet they have to follow at home. How do you keep your kids away from the good stuff when they are at friends houses? Do you tell the other moms what to cook for your kids? It would take a lot of convincing to keep my kids away from a loaded hamburger, 'slap' chips and chocolate icecream.

Someone asked me that other day "so what can you eat?"

So I compiled a list:

I don't use telfon coated pans to coat - the stuff is toxic and kills birds if they are too near the pan when something is cooking on a high heat.

I'm avoiding stainless steel where possible as it is also known to be toxic.

Lara, some of your stuff is good, however, I was rather curious about what you had written above.

Whats the story with my teflon coated frying pan and birds? What distance must the birds be from my teflon coated frying pan when i'm cooking, so it doesnt affected them? And, how do walls/windows and blinds/curtains come into it? Does pulling down your curtain in the kitchen narrow down the distance between teflon pan and the birds? Also, what birds are affected by my teflon pan. Should i put a sign outside telling the birds 'telfon pan in use'?, when i'm cooking?

Please explain.

And stainless steel being toxic? How and when and what and why? I'm obviously in with the wrong crowd as i'm not up with this trend.

Please explain.

Edited by choog

I don't use telfon coated pans to coat - the stuff is toxic and kills birds if they are too near the pan

Only if the bird is actually sitting IN the pan. <_<

This works for non-teflon pans too.

In fact, you will find that if you put most animals in a pan (teflon or not) on high heat, they will die too.

Only if you can manage to heat your pan to 340 degrees C.

Only if the bird is actually sitting IN the pan. <_<

This works for non-teflon pans too.

In fact, you will find that if you put most animals in a pan (teflon or not) on high heat, they will die too.

:ilikeit::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only if the bird is actually sitting IN the pan. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Save the birds, rather fry a Shark :ilikeit:

Wow... just wow...

Do you actually enjoy eating at all? Seems more like an ordeal to eat in your household than a enjoyable time. I don't know your medical history (if you have one), but from what you've listed, it seems you and your family react quite badly to many modern products.

Not mocking you at all, just seems very limited in what you can enjoy in life. Since I got married, I stopped eating a number of things (McD's, Steers, KFC) but if it wasn't for medical reasons (read: if I ate the other stuff you'd die), I don't think I would be able to stick to your diet.

-G

I stopped eating a number of things (McD's, Steers,

I would kill for Steers... make the most of it while you still can....

Hell no,, Sounds really boring to me...

I know it's good to eat healthy but gee wiz - need a little bad stuff too - how will our immune system every learn to fight against what's bad if we never get it used to it.

Give me a Steers anyday - best chips in the world and the pickle - yum...

Yip - Steers it will be tonight..

Brenda

I would kill for Steers... make the most of it while you still can....

Your Steers is "in the post"

post-207-1242387364.png

Your Steers is "in the post

I am actually salivating... :lol: .... I want Steers.... :angry: Why have Nando's in Oz when they could have rather had Steers! :holy:

Here is my eating list :

Everything! - including teflon-coated fried eggs in good ol' sunflower oil - but you have got me worried about the teflon thing ...

So... with all the Steers blues... isn't there Burger King in Oz?

-G

They have the something similar in a way called Hungry Jacks...ugh...

Steers, all the way....

worried about the teflon thing ...

You only have to worry if you are a bird

:holy: You only have to worry if you are a bird

Thanks Dreams....you unruffled my feathers there....

:lol::lol::lol:

Save the birds, rather fry a Shark :holy:

I prefer rare beef actually. :angry:

Ooh you guys are funny, had such a good giggle now! :ilikeit:

Hi all

Talking of eating...........since arriving here, boy have I put on weight!!! Don't know what the hell is going on! Maybe it's the Coles cheesecake, Smiths chips, Tim tams, hungry jack's burgers..........lol, promised myself, as from the 1st of June, HECTIC CHANGE! Yeah,yeah...............a girl can only try. That's my problem, I enjoy my food, and eat just about anything......aghhh, except roo!!!!!

EricaC :ilikeit:

-G

There are 3 Spurs in the Sydney area. South, West and North.

Check out their great website!............... SPUR Australia

Tex

Edited by Tex

There are 3 Spurs in the Sydney area. South, West and North.

Check out their great website!............... SPUR Australia

Tex

Hi Tex

Wow, that's amazing. Pity nothing here in WA. Would really love to find a 'WIMPY' no one does brekky and coffee quite like those guys!!

EricaC

Don't worry Erica, We were in Aus in Dec for 3 weeks LSD and I gained quite a bit!! Had to raste test every thing!!!! :ilikeit:

Have a friend who has a couple of Wimpy's here, Have suggested her and her hubby open some in Aus!!! Hope the idea get's somewhere!!!! :ilikeit:

Hi Tex

Wow, that's amazing. Pity nothing here in WA. Would really love to find a 'WIMPY' no one does brekky and coffee quite like those guys!!

EricaC

I remember that Wimpy makes great coffee - would give Gloria Jeans a run for their money :ilikeit:

When I saw the pics of the food on the SPUR Australia website I immediately started drooling - that steak looks good enough to eat right there on the screen....and SPUR makes the best ribs too mmmmmmm :ilikeit: