Any moms who would like to meet up?

sasher

Hi,

We arrived in Sydney 3 months ago and are pretty settled in terms of hubby having found work and the kids have started going to daycare twice a week.

Although I am loving it here, my older son, who is almost 5, is finding it quite hard to settle. He misses his friends from CT so much. He has been going through a really bad patch where he cries and begs us to go back 'home'. He is just too young to understand that that is not a possibility and I don't want to be negative about SA by explaining why we came. He plays with some of the children in his school but the nature of the school is that they all come and go at different times so I have yet to meet any other moms.

I know it is still early days and in a year or so he will have made new friends and not miss the ones in SA so much but in the meantimes I am looking for activities to keep him busy or to meet some other moms with similar aged kids.

So if you are in Sydney (we are near the city) with young kids, please can you contact me so that we can get together sometime?

Regards,

S

Hi,

We arrived in Sydney 3 months ago and are pretty settled in terms of hubby having found work and the kids have started going to daycare twice a week.

Although I am loving it here, my older son, who is almost 5, is finding it quite hard to settle. He misses his friends from CT so much. He has been going through a really bad patch where he cries and begs us to go back 'home'. He is just too young to understand that that is not a possibility and I don't want to be negative about SA by explaining why we came. He plays with some of the children in his school but the nature of the school is that they all come and go at different times so I have yet to meet any other moms.

I know it is still early days and in a year or so he will have made new friends and not miss the ones in SA so much but in the meantimes I am looking for activities to keep him busy or to meet some other moms with similar aged kids.

So if you are in Sydney (we are near the city) with young kids, please can you contact me so that we can get together sometime?

Regards,

S

Hi there,

This week Friday will be 4 months for us... You lucky your husband has found a job.. My husband is still looking.. :D but we have to keep our heads up.

We live out on the Northern Beaches area, not sure if you are close. I have a son who will be almost 7 and a daughter who will be turning 5.

I know what you mean.. I also find it hard sometimes not having friends. But I guess it will come with time.

My son is in school, my daughter goes to preschool on Mon/Tue/Wed.. Thursday and Friday she is off, so i am always looking for things to do with her. She loves going to Taronga Zoo, so I have been there a few times with her. I bought an annual pass.. it is really worth it. It's call Zoo Friends..

Or we go down to Dee Why or Manly..

Let me know if you keen to get together if you stay around here..

Cheers

Ang

Hello S

I hope you meet some nice friends for you and the family.........

Thanks for the kind words about our visa.......... we are still gathering our thoughts!!!

Love K

hi S and A

give me about 6 months ... our kids are 4 and 7 and we hope to settle on the North Shore. our plan is to be there by the end of december and we are hoping to hear about our visa any day now! i am sure i will be very keen to do mom-kid activities once we arrive!

Hi Buzzbee...

Sounds like a plan...

I hope you get to hear about your visa soon so you can start planning your move.

Cheers

Ang

Sounds great buzzbee. Hopefully we can organise something when you come.

K - I was so excited to hear that you got your visa, I had been holding thumbs for you!

Ang- I sent you a PM

Hi sasher

I have 2 children, a daugther who is turning 5 in September and a son, who is turning 2 in August. My daughter still misses her SA friends, but I have found that the more friends she has here in Sydney, the less she talks about SA.

I would love to meet up with you. Where do you live? We are in Hunters Hill.

regards

Charmaine

Hi sasher

I have 2 children, a daugther who is turning 5 in September and a son, who is turning 2 in August. My daughter still misses her SA friends, but I have found that the more friends she has here in Sydney, the less she talks about SA.

I would love to meet up with you. Where do you live? We are in Hunters Hill.

regards

Charmaine

Hi Charmaine..

Cheryl (sasher) and myself with the kids + possibly the husbands willl be meeting on Sunday at Manly..

We have not made final arrangements at to time/exact place etc.

Let us know if you keen.

Rgds

Ang