Stop stop !, ek 'n spietkop

jo1

I know it's no laughing matter... but I have to admit I had a good chuckle...

Thanks jo1...

:blink:

Me too, all we can do is laugh.

Jill

Ja nee, no wonder things are going haywire, glad u's had a chuckle :blink:

Laat mens wonder wat hy gedoen het toe hy MOES geslaap het.......seker een of ander huis uitgecheck?? :ilikeit:

Shame man, maybe all the fumes from the passing cars!!!!!

EricaC :ilikeit:

I thought I was going to battle through an Afrikaans journal, instead I had a good giggle at your posting... Just another example of African efficiency...

I had some feedback from RSA about the speedtraps in Roodepoort.

For those know the West Rand you will know that the cops loved trapping on the Christiaan De Wet / Allensnek Roads. Apparently someone got so fed up with it that they went in the middle of the night and chopped down the trees where the cops hide. Now the cops cant hide anymore and have stopped trapping.

Now dont get me wrong, I do not support speeding but the hiding behind bushes making money as a motive urks me.

Almal dink dat prostitusie is die oudste beroep in die wereld.... eintlik is die Spietkop die oudste beroep... want in Eksodus staan daar... en die bose gees was agter die bos. :hug::hug::lol::lol:

Hey, this really happened to me!

Back around 1982 or so I was visiting a friend of mine in Welkom, and we decided to go to Bloemfontein on our motorcycles, we both had 1100 Suzukis. We took a shortcut through some "verlore Vrystaat dorpies", and we were hauling butt, cruising at 160km/h or so. I saw the two gatso wires in front of me, but too late to slow down, and I really thought we were busted big time. There was one lone speedcop asleep under a tree, and by the time he figured out something just went over his trap at an amazing speed, we were already past him. He actually waved at us, and sat back down in his chair, and we kept going, and took the next turnoff just in case he had somebody waiting for us down the road.. :lol:

HI Hagar

he he. :) He could not have been woken up peacefully. The sound of two 1100CC bikes passing at 160km/h must have been like hitting him in the face. No wonder he waved. Hope you are still riding.

Karina

Yup, still have a Kawasaki ZX11 (I think Z1R in SA) and a BMW K1200LT touring bike (for the wife!).

post-5487-1242322717.jpg

Hi Hagar

Nice :holy: - im green now. Here is hubbies bike. It is an classic (but still going strong) HONDA bla bla 650 (sorry blonds dont remember detail)

I love bike rides, we went on the buffulo - loved it. I have gone for lessons, but unfortunately when the Immi bug hit me I was distracted. That is one of my goals for Oz - ride bike, I mean like every day. Your only as old and crazy as you want to be.

Karina

post-12146-1242386091.jpg

Very, very nice Hagar!!!!! Karina it is a Honda CB650 a very nice classic.

Edited by Pierre&Wanda