Coming out

nerakinoz

Hi all,

Thought it was high time I came out of lurkerdom and introduce myself!! I have been lurking for over a year (Mostly under my husbands identity) but when we got to Aus decided I needed my own name but still carried on lurking old habits die hard!! I feel like I know everyone so well and thank you all for your stories shared it is so comforting to know that I am not alone on this wonderful scary adventure ahead.

We (hubby two sons aged 9&5 and myself) arrived in Adelaide almost three months ago. We have settled in quite nicely am really enjoying our new country although it hasn't always been easy. Not knowing any-one is quite hard at times and you can only have so many conversations with yourself!!

I am now feeling ready to seek employment and am very happy about this because for a while I have dreaded thinking about work, getting out of my comfort zone etc. So I am actually quite excited about working again and relieved I have reached this stage. Now just to put it out to the universe... :ilikeit:

Anyway thank you once again for your pearls of wisdom and life stories

Nerak xx :ilikeit:

Welcome and good luck with your job hunting. Keep us posted!!!

Welcome Nerak! Fabulous that we all managed to lure you out of lurkedom!!! :ilikeit: Good luck with breaking the ice in the employment game, and I hope you meet many new friends in Adelaide..! Please, let us know how it all goes..!

Welcome Nerak, its much more fun joining in then lurking !!! just be careful - it could become addictive :hug:

Good luck with all your plans,

Welcome Karen. Nice to have you with us.

Welcome Karen. Nice to have you with us.

Welcome Karen, glad you decided to join in with the rest of us.

Nice one jordy for figuring out the name nerak=karen! I am still on my first cup of coffee so not awake quite yet

Welcome Karen, glad you decided to join in with the rest of us.

Nice one jordy for figuring out the name nerak=karen! I am still on my first cup of coffee so not awake quite yet

Ha! I WONDERED how Jordy knew Nerak's name! That's too sharp for me T, even after plenty cups of coffee!!! :unsure: So, using this 'method' your screen-name should be Ecneret, and mine should be Idna... *giggle* Well hello there... Ecneret..! :hug:

Nice one jordy for figuring out the name nerak=karen!

:hug: too clever for my own good. :unsure: Nerak am I right?

Welcome, glad to have you with us "for real".

Ha! I WONDERED how Jordy knew Nerak's name! That's too sharp for me T, even after plenty cups of coffee!!! :lol: So, using this 'method' your screen-name should be Ecneret, and mine should be Idna... *giggle* Well hello there... Ecneret..! :unsure:

Hehehe!! that makes me sound like something you take for a headache!! Mmmm maybe there is something in that after all!! :hug:

Welcome Karen / Nerak,

You will find that everyone on the forum (well just about, excluding the "plant police" he he he), have so much value to add and will help you whenever you are in a pickle.

MANDY

Hi again folks, particularly two persons, namely Red and Andi & Gunther, who responded to my first ever post,

which was in the "cooler" of all places.

Feels good for me to be able to say welcome to someone else. Welocome Nerak!

At least I feel good that I came out of lurkdom only after a few months and not a year - just kidding!! One of you

kind "teachers" suggested I introduce myself in the Foyer.

Well this is my intro:

Andre du Preez is the full name, born & bred Bulawayo boy, lived in South Africa since 1987 (well did last 3 years

of high school in Messina, Limpopo - never gets hot there {sarcastic} - they battled to keep us out the pool during

Matric finals) Only ever lived in Gauteng. All done with DIAC regarding paperwork and waiting for their decision on

our 176 visa app. Actually did WA State Sponsorship from the begining. Consider myself quite fortunate - lodged

online app on 02 Dec 2008 and got a CO on 02 Feb. Was quite a Wow! Had to then jump to do Meds and PCC.

The waiting's not nice, but the relief is that it's totaly out of my hands now. We (Myself, Natalie, Justin(8) & Kirsten(5))

visited Perth, Brisbane and Sydney during July 2008 and for us Perth beat them all hands down. But, I have the

utmost respect for each individual choosing their location. Then of course one can always move within Oz again.

Thanks to all members and participants out there. Thanks to all the hosts - I'm not much of an IT person but I get

a sense that you guys (the hosts) do behind the scenes work. Thank you for that. This forum is truly amazing,

informative, fun and even inspirational!

Thanks Guys (and Gals)

Andre

Hi again folks, particularly two persons, namely Red and Andi & Gunther, who responded to my first ever post,

which was in the "cooler" of all places.

Feels good for me to be able to say welcome to someone else. Welocome Nerak!

At least I feel good that I came out of lurkdom only after a few months and not a year - just kidding!! One of you

kind "teachers" suggested I introduce myself in the Foyer.

Well this is my intro:

Andre du Preez is the full name, born & bred Bulawayo boy, lived in South Africa since 1987 (well did last 3 years

of high school in Messina, Limpopo - never gets hot there {sarcastic} - they battled to keep us out the pool during

Matric finals) Only ever lived in Gauteng. All done with DIAC regarding paperwork and waiting for their decision on

our 176 visa app. Actually did WA State Sponsorship from the begining. Consider myself quite fortunate - lodged

online app on 02 Dec 2008 and got a CO on 02 Feb. Was quite a Wow! Had to then jump to do Meds and PCC.

The waiting's not nice, but the relief is that it's totaly out of my hands now. We (Myself, Natalie, Justin(8) & Kirsten(5))

visited Perth, Brisbane and Sydney during July 2008 and for us Perth beat them all hands down. But, I have the

utmost respect for each individual choosing their location. Then of course one can always move within Oz again.

Thanks to all members and participants out there. Thanks to all the hosts - I'm not much of an IT person but I get

a sense that you guys (the hosts) do behind the scenes work. Thank you for that. This forum is truly amazing,

informative, fun and even inspirational!

Thanks Guys (and Gals)

Andre

Hey Andre! Good to have you join us on the forum! Welcome.

Thank you for all the kind words and no worrying about me becoming an addict I am one already :ilikeit::ph34r:

Yes my name is Karen and not Carryn as the aussies like to pronounce it... It took my husband about 6 months to get it right as he is originally from here... but no worries I just keep saying it over and over and they'll get it eventually.

see ya later

Karen

Thank you for all the kind words and no worrying about me becoming an addict I am one already :ilikeit::ph34r:

Yes my name is Karen and not Carryn as the aussies like to pronounce it... It took my husband about 6 months to get it right as he is originally from here... but no worries I just keep saying it over and over and they'll get it eventually.

see ya later

Karen

Thats so cool cause I pronounced it Karen in my head and not Carryn!

EDIT for Bob and any other Aussies who read this and dont know what we on about: Karen is pronounced Car-rin. The car part is said like a 'car' as in a motor vehicle.

Edited by Jordy