Bowen vs Innisfail

Danico

hi. I joined the forum quite some time ago but have never really posted anything.

Anyone in Bowen or Innisfail? Hubby is a chiropractor and has a job offer. We were on a visit to Mackay in March and were originally going to be based in Mackay. Now Bowen and innisfail have come up and i was just wondering what the areas are like? We are hoping to hear about our 457 within the next week or so.

A friend of mine and her family moved to Innisfail 3 weeks ago - they orginally had a job offer in Mackay and then it all changed minutes before they left. They seem happy and love the area - very pretty and very hot. They have not met any other SAFRICANS yet but they have only just arrived. Have two little kids who love it there! They are just settling in so c an't say much esle. Hope you find the right decision!

I live smack bang in the middle of both....

They are both about the same size, but understand they are small towns surviving on farming/fishing industry and tourism.

Life could be very quiet. Which leads to boredom which turns to negative activities for some people; a lot of reports of anti-social behaviour from both towns.

Try reading the Townsville Bulletin on-line so you can get a feel for what's happening.

I think I'd go for Innisfail before Bowen, but there's not much in the decision.

Good luck!

A friend of mine and her family moved to Innisfail 3 weeks ago - they orginally had a job offer in Mackay and then it all changed minutes before they left. They seem happy and love the area - very pretty and very hot. They have not met any other SAFRICANS yet but they have only just arrived. Have two little kids who love it there! They are just settling in so c an't say much esle. Hope you find the right decision!

Thanks tyde....for the info. turns out we will be going to Innisfail - we heard this morning. now just waiting for 457 to be approved . Could you maybe put me in touch with your friends? I also have 2 kids (son -2,5 and daughter 4. Thanks Danico

hi. I joined the forum quite some time ago but have never really posted anything.

Anyone in Bowen or Innisfail? Hubby is a chiropractor and has a job offer. We were on a visit to Mackay in March and were originally going to be based in Mackay. Now Bowen and innisfail have come up and i was just wondering what the areas are like? We are hoping to hear about our 457 within the next week or so.

Bowen is a small beautiful town but it is dead through the day. When I was up there for work I have had to drive through and buy stuff. Have stayed there as well and the night life is non existant in my opinion. It has some really wonderful beaches and snorkelling and was part of the set of the movie Australia. The roads were all covered in dirt and building s made to look old. Horseshoe bay is a great snorkelling venue.

Innisfail has had 2 bad patches of weather in the last 2 years. (floods and cylones).

Personally having lived in Mackay for 4 years I would rather go there if possible. More oportunities of things to do, schools. Huge South African population for a small town.

• 2 months later...
Guest Durbanite

Hey there, juts read yr post from April and was wondering are you guys already here/there?? We are in Canberra at the moment but trying really hard to escape up North there is a possibility in Airlie Beach which it's quite close to Bowen, where did you go finally???

Durbanite :ph34r:

Guest Durbanite

Hi Tyde,

We are on our way up North from Canberra (it's tooo darned cold for Us here) and was wondering about those people you know up there, could you do a bit of networking for me pleeease, we are going to Airlie Beach but believe the towns are pretty close to one another!!! Thanks :ph34r:

Hey,

I think you should pm Danico, apparently her and my friend have hooked up and are great friends that hang out all the time - their kiddies are a similar age - how great is that - all because of the forum! So nice to have a support network there and I am sure if you get in touch with her you can hook up too!

Good luck! I feel kind of left out as I am going to Perth and my kids are also the same age! LOL!

Guest Durbanite
Hey,

I think you should pm Danico, apparently her and my friend have hooked up and are great friends that hang out all the time - their kiddies are a similar age - how great is that - all because of the forum! So nice to have a support network there and I am sure if you get in touch with her you can hook up too!

Good luck! I feel kind of left out as I am going to Perth and my kids are also the same age! LOL!

Absolutely :unsure: Thank you sooo much Tyde>>