St Kilda and sailing

polly

Took the kids to the beach to play in the sand. Lots of kids were taking part in a regatta. All the dinghies were kids and teenagers. Quite something to see.

2009_0418Melbourne0016.jpg

2009_0418Melbourne0030.jpg

2009_0418Melbourne0073.jpg

Some yachts on the horizon

2009_0418Melbourne0118.jpg

Slideshow: http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/p...mview=slideshow

Saw these two on Bridge street. A Thunderbird and a Ferrari

2009_0418Melbourne0151.jpg

2009_0418Melbourne0152.jpg

And this sign was just funny

2009_0418Melbourne0150.jpg

This flower shop seems to be open 24 hours a day. On weekends they put manikins on the car outside as an advert

2009_0418Melbourne0153.jpg

The other photos of Bridge street (shopping mecca and place of all the boutiques)

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/p...mview=slideshow

That looks like a fun day at the beach! guess everyone is making the most of the weather before real winter hits.

Stunning photos, Polly!..............Passion fruit's and thunderbirds..hmmm?? hee,hee.

EricaC :blush:

Oh! I love the thunderbird!

Great pics!

St Kilda looks amazing...would love to settle there if its financially viable!!..

Is it very far from the cbd?...or is the commute not too bad?

St Kilda is actually one of the closest suburbs. Lots of trams into the city from there. It is a little more expensive, because of this. If you are keen to be close to the ocean, also consider Bentleigh East and surrounds. There are trains from there into the CBD and it is also in zone 1 for public transport (zone 1 is the closer suburbs). Look on http://www.whereis.com to get an idea of where the suburbs are.

Thanks for the compliments. Couldn't believe it when I saw the Thunderbird. Took the photo while hubby was driving. Poor man had to be a contortionist to stay out of the photo. Luckily the car in front of the Thunderbird moved at the right time, though we did hold up traffic a bit <_<

St Kilda is actually one of the closest suburbs. Lots of trams into the city from there. It is a little more expensive, because of this. If you are keen to be close to the ocean, also consider Bentleigh East and surrounds. There are trains from there into the CBD and it is also in zone 1 for public transport (zone 1 is the closer suburbs). Look on http://www.whereis.com to get an idea of where the suburbs are.

Thanks for the compliments. Couldn't believe it when I saw the Thunderbird. Took the photo while hubby was driving. Poor man had to be a contortionist to stay out of the photo. Luckily the car in front of the Thunderbird moved at the right time, though we did hold up traffic a bit :unsure:

Polly, I am SO impressed with your photography! Not that I know anything about photography per se, but I have noticed a remarkable improvement in the pics you have taken over the last while. You are obviously enjoying this a lot, and obviously taking note of all the tips and techniques that you are reading about in your photographic journals! Well done! And thanks SO much for sharing Melbourne and surrounds with us thru YOUR eyes (your camera.) It is a beautiful and fascinating journey... Almost makes me wanna pack-up in Wagga and move to Melbourne sooner than originally planned! LOL!

<_<