Price Increase for visas

Jakes

Hi there,

Has anyone noticed the price increase for the visas. Currently it is almost R30 000 with the skill assessment.

Can this be true?

Hi Jakes,

I just checked on Fees and charges and it doesn't look that different. What were the fees before?

It is definitely not the cheapest exercise, but rather an investment in you future! :)

Pippa!

Hi Jakes,

I just checked on Fees and charges and it doesn't look that different. What were the fees before?

It is definitely not the cheapest exercise, but rather an investment in you future! :)

Pippa!

Hi Pippa,

I believe the going rate was around R15000 in the beginning of the year or late last year. People that i know paid about R15000 for their visa's that already left for the better pastures.

But still, i agree, a great investment!!

Hi Jake,

The fees appear to be still the same, the 2nd installment is if you do not have all the points required but have at least the pool mark. The fee for subclass 136 is $1,990 plus skills assessment of around $350, plus IELTS (if necessary), plus medical. Obviously if you use a consultant to help you, which is not always necessary then it could easily be R30,000 in total.

Regards

Arno

Hi Jakes

I did a quick calculation of the cost of our applications. We will be applying for a 457 visa first and then for the 136 visa, I got to an amount of about R 18 000-00 this includes medicals as well as the trade assessment but no agent fees.

This is a bit more than we initially budged for but it is due to the depreciation of the Rand since the beginning of 2006.

Hope this is of help.

Sulona

Hi Jake,

The fees appear to be still the same, the 2nd installment is if you do not have all the points required but have at least the pool mark. The fee for subclass 136 is $1,990 plus skills assessment of around $350, plus IELTS (if necessary), plus medical. Obviously if you use a consultant to help you, which is not always necessary then it could easily be R30,000 in total.

Regards

Arno

Hi Arno,

I thought something to that extend. That works out to be the same then. So normal procedure 2nd instalment is not payable.

Thanks a lot, you helped me a great deal.

Hi Jakes,

Net om jou 'n idee te gee wat so visa aansoek jou kos:

Ons doen aansoek vir die 136 visa, wag huidiglik vir ons skills assessment om deur te kom.

Ons kostes sover was:

Skillis Assessment (ACS): R2354 ($400)

Courier van dokument vir ACS - spoed, "door to door" R1222-00

IELTS Toets + handboek R2070 (sonder boek R1600)

136 Visa aansoek $2000 , +/- R11773

Paspoorte, full birth certificates (2 volwassenes en 2 kinders) en afskrifte - R1000-00

Dan kort ons polisie clearance, mediese ondersoeke en NATUURLIK vliegtuigkaartjies - Jariwa Handelè!

So..... skud maar solank jou spaarvarkie!! Hy gaan op 'n dieet! :)

Tania

• 1 month later...

hi - sorry maybe a stupid question

If the main applicant pay the almost $2000 for the 136 visa, what do the spouse and children pay for visas, are there more costs involved for the spouse/children/dependents....? thanks

Trying to budget lots of $$$$$$ :ilikeit:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I want to ask the same question as Bianca.

Thanks

Pofstert

Sorry, forgot to add that in my case it will just be spouse / de-facto relationship.

Pofstert

hi Pofstert (hou van jou naam - pas my eintlik goed hehe :( )

Ek het intussen meer gelees, en ek dink dis net die main applicant se GROOT bedrag?

Wat betaal die kinders en spouse - ek dink dis ingesluit? Laat weet ons seblief :ph34r:

Hi Bianca

Naam kom van ons 2 katkinders, die pofstert susters :(

Het vandag ons pak papiere van die agent gekry vir ons 136 MODL visa.

Gaan vannaand vir hul 'n lang e-mail tik met al my vrae. Sal die ene insluit.

Sal laat weet.

Groete

Pofstert :ph34r:

Hi

We put our application in middle Feb06 and our visa (PR136) was granted 22Jan07. Below are the approximate costs we paid:-

Unabridged birth certificates x4 and marriage certificate : R400

Skills assessment : AUS$300 = R1900

X-rays x4 : R1200

Medicals x4 : R1500

IELTS (exam and specimen pack) : R1975

Visa Application Charge : R9500

Courier fees (counter to door x3) : R800

Police clearance x2 : R120

Visas in passports x4 (sent via VFS) : R286

TOTAL :R17681 (for a family of 4)

I think i've included everything... :( These costs were spread out over about 1 year. (As they requested the stuff.)

The visa application charge is only applicable once. As long as the spouse and children are included in the application, no problem. If they're not included and you want to add them later - you pay AGAIN!

Pam

Dankie Pam dat jy dit uitgeklaar het vir ons, :(

... would help a lot of people to budget correctly.