TRA skills assessment and job offer

Bdazzled

Can anyone perhaps tll me how long it took to have your skills assessed by TRA. I've couriered my assessment to Canberra 2 days ago. I am having my skills as a dressmaker assessed.

Furthmore I have been offered a postion in Perth, but the employee is too small to qualify on the ENS basis, would anyone know if it helps to have a job offer, if I only have 110 points for the Skills Independant Visa (which requires 120 for automatic pass).

Hi,

My husband's skill assessment took round about a month, it was send to Australia on 6 October and the agent let us know that his application was successful on 30 October. Only saw the documentations ourselves on Monday morning, it was like an early Christmas.

Sorry I can't help with the rest of your questions but I'm sure someone will be.

Sulona

Hi,

My husband's skill assessment took round about a month, it was send to Australia on 6 October and the agent let us know that his application was successful on 30 October. Only saw the documentations ourselves on Monday morning, it was like an early Christmas.

Sorry I can't help with the rest of your questions but I'm sure someone will be.

Sulona

Who was the agent that you used?

Hi Kaztayli,

We stated out making use of an agent, because we thought it would get us to Aus faster.

Knowing what I know now I would recommend you do the TRA application yourself as you will be collecting and gathering all the information complete the assessment form and the agent will only do the lodging of our application.

If you want to make use of an agent there was several threats on this forum about agents so do the search and see which agencies were recommended by the other forumiets

Sulona

Hi Soulana

I am not making use of an agent, I complied my application myself. When we started looking at immigration, we went to see an agent who told us that the only way we would be granted a visa is if my partner applies for a state sponsored business visa, as it turns out hw was wrong and in my opinion was only trying to milk us for money