New person - Partner Migration

leedefacto

Hi! :ilikeit:

I'd like to Introduce myself to everyone - I'm Lee, live in Cape Town. I am currently applying for a visa to Perth, Australia via Partner Migration (Defacto Spouse Visa).

I am curious if there is anyone out there who has done this specific type of application? Or if anyone has had any experiance with Partner Migration!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hello Lee, and welcome! :ilikeit:

Hi Lee and welcome!

We did the spouse visa for my husband. It didnt take long at all and took about 3 months from date of lodgement to get it. He is flying end of this month to validate his visa.

Let me know if there is anything you would like to know.

Michelle

we have done a de facto visa for me, partner is on 457 right now, and awaiting 176, pr...the 457 was no problem, but the pr has been another story totally.

we have had a case officer for over two months now, and each week she wants something more from me..my partner is fine, they haven't asked him for anything, its got to the stage now where we have contemplated getting married just to prove to them that we are serious.

i eventually emailed her last week, and asked if there was anything more she needed, cause each time she requests something, it takes a week to get it to her, then when she gets that she asks for something else....i think she kinda realized it was getting past a joke and she has now said there wouldn't be anything else they required from me.

the good thing is that we are here on the 457, both have jobs etc so we can afford to wait awhile for our pr.

if there is anything in particular you would like to know, just ask, i seem to have gone the whole gauntlet with them, but i dont blame them really, they gotta be sure, (and i am 51, partner 35...)

Good luck, I am in Perth on a 457, feel free to ask if there is something specific you would like to know about Perth.

Howdy lee, and welcome.

I migrated here as a partner/spouse visa - subclass 100.

Shout if you have any queries - I'll try to help.

Hi Lee

Welcome to the family!!!! Good luck with everything!

EricaC

HI Colin And Erica.

I cannot get into PM to get your phone number, we are going to Yanchep park if you want to join us on Sunday. Phone us on 040 666 0956 if you get this message.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for the warm welcome. Today I submitted my application at the Cape Town VFS Office and was most impressed with the lady who assisted me. Lets hope the embassy will be happy with the stacks of info we provided them with.

I only need to go for the full medical and then submit my Police Clearances once they arrive.

Can anyone suggest a doctor here in Cape Town? - preferably in the areas around Constantia - Tokai .

Can anyone suggest a doctor here in Cape Town? - preferably in the areas around Constantia - Tokai .

We used Dr Roy Leaver, Susan Way, Tokai. Tel: 021 712 9367

We used Dr Roy Leaver, Susan Way, Tokai. Tel: 021 712 9367

Thank you have made the appointment for next week Tuesday