Working trip to Melbourne

Cindylou

I really loved Melbourne when I visited in the nineties but I'm sure heaps of things have changed! I'll be there for a few days at the end of the month and will only have "tourist time" in the evenings so am looking for suggestions for a "Must Do" and "Nice to Do" list. Any suggestions welcome....

C'Lou

Head down to the Yarra River promenade in the city, there are some great places to eat and they do these amazing gas fire displays which shoot huge flames into the sky, check it out on you tube. China town is ok, its starting to get chilly at night so I wouldnt suggest a walk down at St Kilda beach but instead grab a flat white in Acland Street. Enjoy

Thanks Jimmip, make that a long black! Will check out Acland street. One of the places I really want to get to is the Vic Markets, so hopefully they're open in the evening. I wandered through China Town on my last visit in 94 and had a couple of great meals there, also stayed at a backpackers in St Kilda - good times.

Hi Cindylou

See Melbourne musts (on www.cityhobo.com)

Also Melbourne day trips - may be possible to customise one or two of these to fit into the evenings and time you have available.

Edited to add: Melbourne walks

A great website for seeing all that Melbourne has to offer is www.visitmelbourne.com

Enjoy!

Edited by kangaroo

The city centre is alive at night. I think you will be able to see and do a lot just by wandering around the CBD :lol:

If you want to catch the 48 from town and come visit us while you are here, you are welcome :D Though we probably aren't very 'touristy' :D