Wat gebeur met my as manlief iets oorkom?

Riekie

Ons is hier met 'n 457 en besig met ons PR - my man se werk "sponsor" ons en dit is reeds goedgekeur, maar daar is soveel "red tape" voor ons uiteindelik ons PR gaan kry. Manlief "travel" vreeslik baie vir sy werk die hele Asia Pacific vol en ek het gewonder wat die situasie sal wees as hy iets oorkom voor ons PR offisieel is. (Dit is seker nou aaklig om so daaraan te dink, maar as mens so baie vlieg en in soveel verskillende 3de wêreld lande rondrits is dit 'n realiteit).

Thanks vir daai websites - ek sal bietjie gaan loer. As ek iets uitvind sal ek my antwoord hier plaas - dan weet almal sommer. As iemand anders intussen uitvind - sê ons asseblief!

i'm in the same boat, will be travelling a lot to asia, middle east, west africa, etc. my case officer said there would be a restriction placed on my visa that i would have to work for the company who sponsored me for min 3 years and my wife's visa would also have a 3 year restriction on it for example if we devorce with 3 years she'll loose her PR. not sure about death? from some posts on british expats they say that these restrictions are usually not enforced on the migrant though???....i'll email my case officer and ask him about if i had to die....

There are advantages and disadvantages to work visas in Aus and NZ. We simply had to have a PR visa to ensure certainty of our residency. BUT, we did not walk straight into jobs and did the old immigration thing of working in warehouses, doing temp IT stuff etc. for a few months. That did put a huge financial strain on us.

However, close friends of us came over on a Work Visa (husband only), then the company collapsed just a few months short of his minimum time spent in New Zealand before they could apply for PR. The week before they were supposed to leave NZ back to South Africa I was able to negotiate a job (contract based) at the company where I worked.

Can you imagine the stress that family went through. Net result now is that they have been in NZ for longer than 3 years and have applied for Citizenship, but it could so easily have been different.

i don't know what would happen on a 457 visa. we're arriving on PR visa's but here's a response from case officer: "Please note that once the permanent visa has been granted and if

anything

happens to the applicant the dependant's visa will not be cancelled.

They

will be allowed to stay in Australia.

As for your second query, if the company goes out of business, you will

not

have to leave Australia".

riekie, are you applying for PR under ENS?

Our PR will be employer sponsored - don't know if that would make a difference. I just don't want to go back! I'll live on Ayers Rock in a tent if I have to! ;)

Ajay said she'd find out about this as well - I'll PM her to remind her, I know she's a busy woman!