New to your valley

jukeboXXX

Hi guys,

Just wanted to use the opportunity to introduce myself to all of you and utter my regret at not finding this website sooner.

I found it in a state of shock (and nausea); when Immigration Unit went "BUST" and left me and my wife (of 2 months :blush: ) high and dry!! This all happened at my increasing frustration every time someone says: "So....how's your Australia things coming along?" :ilikeit: and it takes great patience to explain (to the same person for the second time in a week) that it is quite a long and drawn out process.

We have submitted my skills assessments to the CPA in Australia, but are still awaiting the return...

Anyway, going it "alone" seems to be rather daunting and considering the fact that an accountant now needs a 7 on IELTS to get onto the CSL (? the fast processing list?); I am not so sure of myself anymore.

So please feel free to post some "reassuring" replies; or not if I need to know the truth. I'm open to suggestions and brand new to this world, so for the first bit I'll lurk around and make sure I don't re-post the obvious questions.

Until then, point me in the right direction if u feel inclined to it! :ilikeit:

Welcome to the forum. The process is not daunting, not if you just read a little (okay a lot). All you need is the immi website and this one. Thats it. You can go it alone. Majority of us have.

Good luck! We are here if you need help.

WELCOME! and happy reading... you've found the right place for support and encouragement! (and even the odd "venting" session :D

Welcome... The IELTS is really not too bad at all. The worst is the waiting that is involved.

Congrats on your 2 month old marriage.

Sorry about the agent. My friend Cheeky also signed with them.

If you read the DIAC website and this forum you will be able to submit your own application.

Good Luck

K

Hi

Do not stress too much about the IELTS. Hubby and I wrote the academic. He did BADLY in school with English - a C for an all-A candidate :D - but we both scored above 8 for our exam. We wrote the academic since it was the first available. The general is supposed to be easier. Just read through some of the examples on the web to get an idea of what they expect. Rather write the essay too long than too short.

Good luck with your application. Sure everything will work out great for you. It did for us and we were totally unprepared...

So sorry for you that you were 'taken'.

Welcome to the forum, it is addictive and so full of wonderful information!

A warm welcome to this lovely place !!! sorry about your nast experiences with the agent.

just to reassure you- we did our application on our own -- you can certainly do it as well :blush:

And don't stress about the IELTS - you will be fine- just do the practice examples.

Take care now

MelbourneGirl