visa 136

DCW

Good day to all!!!

I would like to know can I come over to Australia in January and then go back to SA to get the wive & kids in 3 months time(visa 136,date of entry 9/6/07).

A friend of mine said we must enter as a family,my agent said"dont worry you can go over & then come back for the family" .Can I do it the way I whant to just as long as we enter as a family befor the due date.

Cheers

Good day to all!!!

I would like to know can I come over to Australia in January and then go back to SA to get the wive & kids in 3 months time(visa 136,date of entry 9/6/07).

A friend of mine said we must enter as a family,my agent said"dont worry you can go over & then come back for the family" .Can I do it the way I whant to just as long as we enter as a family befor the due date.

Cheers

Your agent is right. The principal applicant (you?) normally has to enter first on or before the initial entry date specified on your visa label. The family can follow afterwards provided that they also do so by the said date.