Permanent Residency

Annelien

Kan iemand my seblief sê of ons op die regte pad is met hierdie vorm

47ES

Dankie

What type of visa are you applying for?

47ES is the form used for employer sponsored PR.

We want to apply for our Permanent Residency here in Australia and a gentleman working with my hubby said we have to complete this 47ES forms.

The thing is, they way I understand this form, it's only for a 5 year Visa?

I've been looking in the immi.gov website about permanent residency, but there's not much info there...........

If we are on the right track with this form, can someone just say YES or NO

Thanx so much!!

We want to apply for our Permanent Residency here in Australia and a gentleman working with my hubby said we have to complete this 47ES forms.

The thing is, they way I understand this form, it's only for a 5 year Visa?

Hi Annelien

I have a permanent residence visa (class 136) and it's only valid for 5 years, during which I can freely travel to and from Australia. Obvisouly the idea is to settle as soon as possible in Australia. All visas expire at some stage, but they are renewable. Once you have been living and working in Australia for 2 years on the permanent residence visa, you can apply for citizenship and receive an Australian passport.

Hope this answers your question.

Charl

The 47ES form would only be the right form if your husband is sponsored by his employer, in which case they will tell him what he'll need to do & which forms to complete. So the fact that you are asking indicates that it is NOT employer sponsored, and therefor the wrong form.....

Dankie Riekie,

My man is hier op 'n employer sponsership, ons het almal op 'n 457 Temporary Working Visa oorgekom. Wat net geldig is vir 2 jaar. So dan is hierdie vorm wat die werk gegee het, die regte vorm?

Dankie vir al julle hulp! word opreg waardeer :stretcher:

Hi Annelien

I have a permanent residence visa (class 136) and it's only valid for 5 years, during which I can freely travel to and from Australia. Obvisouly the idea is to settle as soon as possible in Australia. All visas expire at some stage, but they are renewable. Once you have been living and working in Australia for 2 years on the permanent residence visa, you can apply for citizenship and receive an Australian passport.

Hope this answers your question.

Charl

Thanx for your response Charl