Obtaining Police Clearance in RSA

Norm

Hi everyone...

This has probably been covered before, but a search on the forum didn't come up with what I need...

I have 70 days to produce Police Clearance Certificates (over Christmas... great!!) and the best idea of a timescale I can get is that it will take up to 3 months?!?

Does anyone know of any "we queue for you / I have a contact / pay bribes and bypass the redtape" company in Gauteng who could get this done quickly?

Norm

Guest Bronwyn

You can call Arno on 082 524 9909. He is a private person who does this & seems to have lots of friends in high places.

Good luck, it's not too bad getting it done.

Bronwyn

Edited by Bronwyn

Hi everyone...

This has probably been covered before, but a search on the forum didn't come up with what I need...

I have 70 days to produce Police Clearance Certificates (over Christmas... great!!) and the best idea of a timescale I can get is that it will take up to 3 months?!?

Does anyone know of any "we queue for you / I have a contact / pay bribes and bypass the redtape" company in Gauteng who could get this done quickly?

Norm

Hi Norm

It is possible for you to go to your nearest Police station and get your fingerprints taken, pay the money and then personally take the prints and receipt to CRC in Pta. They normally get it done within a month and you can then collect it in person.

By the way, it is possible to ask for extension if the 70 days limit happen to be a problem.

We did ours through Bunnyhop:

12 Sept: We Couriered Forms to Bunnyhop

15 Sept: Receipt of Forms by Bunnyhop

6 Nov: Police Clearance Certificates Received by Bunnyhop

7 Nov: Police Clearance Certificates Couriered by Bunnyhop

13 Nov: Police Clearance Certificates Received by us

Cost: R380 per application PLUS R570 Courier Fees to Australia (Your Courier Fees to RSA not included) - We had 3 Applications but only paid once for the Courier Fee

Contact Details:

Haydee Miles

Registered Immigration Practitioner (AIPSA 2004/02/0166)

Bunny Hop Documents

P.O Box 639

New Germany

Tel: (031) 705-1189

Fax: (031) 705-1036

Mobile: 082 923 5599

www.bunnyhop.co.za

Just for interest sake, what was the turn around time for the rest of you for the police clearance. From application till it was in your hand.

Hi Norman,

They normally get it done within a month and you can then collect it in person.

JJV is correct. My husband and I were first planning to go to Canada and we had to submit Police Clearances with the application. We went to the Police Station in Brooklyn, Pretoria to get our fingerprints taken and paid R59 each and received a receipt. My mom took our applications with the receipt in person to Sanlam Plaza West, CRC Client Service Centre, 1st Floor, 271 Schoeman Street, Pretoria. My mom phoned after 3 weeks and it was ready for collection.

For more information, go to Application for Police Fingerprint Clearance

I hope you make the deadline!

Good luck,

Pippa

You can call the Police Clearance Centre in Pretoria directly (I don't think the public are aware they can do it..) Can't find the number now either.

I spoke to a really nice chap called Mario who was an absolute honey about speeding things up.

My personal experience says do not use agents but go directly to the person if you can.

Good luck.

Tracy

We left RSA at the end of July 05. We had applied for our police clearances as we were only planning on the UK for a few months. The police clearances have been dated for the end of September. We have now been told that we might have to reapply for new Police clearances from RSA because the others are officially too old.

Is this true or would the fact that we had been out of RSA for 3 months BEFORE the clearances were issued - count. (we could obviously not have caused any problems back home if we weren't in the country)

We seem to be getting a different story from everybody we are talking to - obviously we are talking to the wrong people.

They've expired..... sorry..... :thumbdown:

They've expired..... sorry..... :stretcher:

How long are they valid for and do we now have to go back to RSA to get new ones? How do they expire - if we haven't been in the country since before they were issued. Can we not just get Polce Clearances from UK for the time we have been here?

You do not have to go back to RSA to get new ones, you can do it through Bunnyhop (see post higher up on this thread). The fact that you've never been back to RSA might convince them to accept your RSA certificates (but no guarantee!) We know someone personally who's "expired" RSA certificates were accepted for a 856 Visa, because they haven't been back to RSA, but we were told to get new ones for our856 application (we've also never been back to RSA.....) You'll most likely need Police Clearance for UK as well (if you've lived there for 12 months or longer in the last 10 years....), so get them anyway.

The RSA certificates are valid for 9 months - don't know about the UK ones, so get your timing right before you apply for them. :stretcher:

Hi

The police clearance tel nr in Pretoria is +27 12 393 3928 fax +27 12 393 3909 email crc-nameclear@saps.org.za . The office hours are from Monday to Friday 07:30-16:00 . Hope this will help .

Ekke

It is possible for you to go to your nearest Police station and get your fingerprints taken, pay the money and then personally take the prints and receipt to CRC in Pta. They normally get it done within a month and you can then collect it in person.

Hi there,

If you add a kilo or two of biltong to your application you may be able to cut down the processing time to a week :blush:

Seriously now, taking your application there personally is the quickest way.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi,

Ek weet nie of iemand al hierdie inligting deurgegee het of hierdie website al gesien het nie. Maar die volgende webpage het al die nodige inligting vir Police clearance asook die vorms:

http://www.dfa.gov.za/consular/policeclear.htm

Hoop dit kan vir iemand help.

Groete

Aneldari

Edited by Aneldari

Hi, dis weer ek.

O hene toggie, miskien moet jul maar my bogenoemde link ignoreer. Die offisiële departementele website is outdated!!! :ilikeit: Tipies, maar nou ja... :ilikeit: Dit kos nie meer R57, maar R59. Hul aanvaar ook nie meer posorders nie. Maar die beste is om na jou naaste polisie kantoor toe te gaan.

Wat hul wel vir my gesê het by die polisie stasie is die volgende: Indien die aansoek gepos word, neem dit 3 maande. Indien jy dit self Pta toe neem, neem dit 28 werksdae :lol: . En pasop, hul maak al 15 Des. 2006 toe.

Geniet julle daggie verder!!

Tatta,

Aneldari :lol: