holiday

Jill

HI,

Just wanted to share my son's impressions of his trip to South Africa. He went for 3 weeks holiday, back to Durban to stay on the Bluff, where we lived for 12 years, before spending our last 3 years in South Africa, down the South Coast, living in Scottburgh.

He loved being back in SA, he said when he arrived at OR Tambo Airport, this peace just settled over him and he felt he was home, this coming from a young man of 21 who loves Australia, has only positive things to say, even he felt the pull of "Africa".

Anyway during his stay on the Bluff, they decided, during a walk through Makro, that my son Pierre, had never been to Cape Town, we have never been to Cape Town, so they decided to fly to Cape Town for 2 days.

He absolutely loved Cape Town, stayed in a place in Stellenbosch, went up Table Mountain and to the V and A Waterfront, ate at Cape Town Fish Market, I think he called it and had a wonderful time.

He said if he ever moved back to SA, he would live in Cape Town. He was a bit disappointed in the unkept appearance of the Bluff and Durban.

So Cape Town came out TOPS.

Jill

HI,

Just wanted to share my son's impressions of his trip to South Africa. He went for 3 weeks holiday, back to Durban to stay on the Bluff, where we lived for 12 years, before spending our last 3 years in South Africa, down the South Coast, living in Scottburgh.

He loved being back in SA, he said when he arrived at OR Tambo Airport, this peace just settled over him and he felt he was home, this coming from a young man of 21 who loves Australia, has only positive things to say, even he felt the pull of "Africa".

Anyway during his stay on the Bluff, they decided, during a walk through Makro, that my son Pierre, had never been to Cape Town, we have never been to Cape Town, so they decided to fly to Cape Town for 2 days.

He absolutely loved Cape Town, stayed in a place in Stellenbosch, went up Table Mountain and to the V and A Waterfront, ate at Cape Town Fish Market, I think he called it and had a wonderful time.

He said if he ever moved back to SA, he would live in Cape Town. He was a bit disappointed in the unkept appearance of the Bluff and Durban.

So Cape Town came out TOPS.

Jill

Hi there!

There is a kinda 'magic' there, even though Australia is now my home, there will always be a little place in my heart for Cape Town, he is right, its beautiful!

EricaC

Was never fortunate to visit the Cape - but from what Ive seen - it looked wonderful.

Your post bought back some memories - a little tear too - remembering the familiar places - Scottburgh, the Bluff, Makro, Cape Town Fish Market - shucks this move is hard !!!

Glad your son enjoyed his visit and got back home safely.

of course!!

CT is one of the best cities in the world, and certaintly the most beautiful.

Its just unfortunate its in South AFrica, as I always used to say, our forefathers shouldve formed a country with the border at the Hexriver Valley mountains!

Some kind of 'Monaco in Africa' kind of place...

E