Sydney here we come(Hopefully)

Rodz

Hi

With a possible job offer in Sydney i was wondering if i could get some advice on good areas closeby to Port Botany. The closer the better but then again ,i think the need for a good area is very important.

Thanx

Kingsford might be a good place to start. I cannot comment on the place myself, just know that a South African guy working with my husband at Port Botany lives there. He has children in the school there as well.

Go to google maps http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl, type in Port Botany and you will see the list of areas around it.

I work in Kingsford. There are quite a few suburbs around Port Botany that are either good or not. I've heard from people at work to be careful of areas Matraville and Hillsdale. Also some parts of Botany is quite close to the airport so it could be quite noisy (airport noise). There are some nice beachside suburbs like Coogee, Clovelly, Bronte, etc but of course these are more expensive. Marourbra is also not bad, but I think it depends where in Maroubra. Some part of Kingsford are nice, as well as Kensington. Randwick I really really like, but again, more expensive than some other areas. You kind of don't know until you are here and drive around the areas yourself.

I can't comment on the schools though.

Good luck, and when you get here let me know - I'm always happy to catch up with newcomers!

Hi

With a possible job offer in Sydney i was wondering if i could get some advice on good areas closeby to Port Botany. The closer the better but then again ,i think the need for a good area is very important.

Thanx

Hi

Been in Maroubra for a few months and it's not bad. No trafic problems down here in our little corner of the city. Will take you less than 10min to get to work. Malabar seems to be the problem area try and avoid that one. Little Bay has the most spectacular view and is tucked away from the rest of us. Coogee and Maroubra is very crouded we all live ontop of each other. I've also seen some very nice townhouses in Botany looks very nice.

Goodluck and shout if you need more information.