Thought for the day : 26/03/2009

Mara

When fear takes hold, it wraps itself around us.

We feel smothered, we can't breathe.

We can't see anything besides the fear, but God is there.

If we focus only on the fear, we won't sense his presence.

Call out to him, he'll loosen the grip of fear.

Then, he'll pull us into his arms and make us feel safe.

We can turn from the fear and look at his face.

Seeing love and strength that's bigger than any fear we face.

If we focus only on the fear, we won't sense his presence.

This is whats happening too me now!

I've recently listened to a sermon - the well known Pineapple Garden Story. I'ts all about giving up your right to own, to receive, to have, to get. Leaving it all in God's Hands, the Creator of all and Provider and Keeper of all. If we fear, we lose perspective on the greatness of our God. He is more than every, every, everything. He controls everything and keeps everything within the boundaries of His will. If we fear, we lose sight of His control and we try to control things ourselves, as if we are as capable to control circumstances as He is ! Sometimes we need to be forced to 'lose control', so that we might be reminded of Who really have all control !! God can take very good care of His own property/time/children/events - name it, He can. Because He made it. The creator of something is always bigger than than the creature. Sometimes we lose perspective of this and we fear, because we feel alone and helpless. Then we try to prescribe to God how, when and why He should do things. Then we get disappointed, because we thought He answers prayer ! In the meantime, we wanted our own ideas to be answered, not His better, wiser, stronger ways. And so we sit and feel anxious and fearful, for we do feel as if God left us alone. In fact it's us that walked our own way and expected Him to follow us. If we could learn to follow Him, we'll never be alone. It is a difficult thing to learn, for we were brought up to take charge of ourselves and our own, to rule in our own small kingdom on earth. To surrender anything to Him does not come natural. But it will prevent fear, loneliness, anxiety and dissilutionment.

I've taught myself tonight ...

Please God, show me how to surrender !!!

Edited by Alida

Well said Alida, I agree!