Visiting Adelaide 3 - 6 April 2009

Oosie

Hi

My wife and I are living in Ballarat (Victoria: 100 km from Melbourne) and need to be in Adelaide for EILTS Tests the weekend of 3 April.

(Melbourne EILTS was booked too far in advance)

We travel by car on Friday 3 April and stay in the Adelaide Caravan Park for 3 nights, travelling back on the Monday.

I have the following questions for you living in Adelaide:

- What is a must to see in Adelaide in this short time? (markets, main beaches etc?)

- Where do you buy your Iwisa (pap) in Adelaide, do you have a place that sells real Boerewors? (Our shop in Melbourne is 120 km from Ballarat!)

- We are visiting Handoff during our driving past the Friday - Any specific place that you can recommend to have German sausages for lunch?

Groete

Oosie

Oosie,

See Cleland conservation park in you can, large place with plenty native animals and birds. Go ahve fish and Chips on the beack at Glenelg, sommer take the tram there fomr the city. Check out the central market in Adelaide city, you will also find boerewors there as well as biltong and drywors. You can get iwisa at Ceylon spices in the lttle centre opposite Holden Hill police station (Unit 10, 511-529 North East Rd, Gilles Plains - el (08) 8261 4023 ). You can also find some other Saffer stuff like All Gold Tomato sauce, Pronutro etc there.

Give me a call once you are in town if you like, I will PM you my mobile number.

HAVE TO AGREE WITH MARIUS...

Also, if your wife likes s bit of shopping, visit Rundle Mall... in the centre of the city (you have to see the big silver balls and the many buskers)... then take walk two blocks down to Torrens lake... maybe take a trip on the Torrens lake aboard the Popeye Ferry...

take care and enjoy your time here...

red

You can buy excellent boerewors from the gourmet butcher in the shopping centre in Parkholme at the intersection of Marion and Oaklands Roads. You can also get good boerewors from Brians Butcher in Jetty Rd, Glenelg, but the Parkholme b/wors is better in my opinion.

Cheers,

Dax

Hi All,

Thanks for your advise and input!

Oosie