IOM - Fly with Qantas or SAA???

Lee

Hi all!

We are in the process of booking our flight from Cape Town to Perth through IOM :blink: . It appears that we have a choice of flying over with either Qantas or SAA. I am absolutely paranoid when it comes to flying :cry::P .

Please let me have your opinions as to which airline out of Qantas or SAA is the better (safer!!) one. :huh:

Many thanks and see you on 03rd Feb 07!!! :lol::P:P:D

Lee

Hi Lee

I take it you will be flying to JHB first and from there you will fly to Perth, if it is a direct flight witch I think it will be you will be flying with an SAA plane even it you book it via Qantas, SAA is the only airways that covers the direct root to Perth

Hi Lee,

Johan is right. We booked Qantas, and flew with an SAA plane with SAA staff :blink: . No problems, and they were really nice to the kids, giving them extra drinks and chips if they asked for them.

I know fear of flying is a very real fear. Try and find some info on the net, or go and see a registered hypnotherapist to help you.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Yip same here....we flew SAA to Perth...when you fly to Sydney you can book SAA but you fly with Qantas...they have a partnership thing...

Anyway we also had no problems with SAA in fact the were very nice and asked us to please call on them cause they get bored sitting doing nothing... :blink:

Hi Lee

Fear of flying is not pleasant - ask me i know! (& it's even more embarrassing when you work for an airline :wacko: )

But help is at hand - just ask your doc to prescribe you a sleeping pill & you'l be there before you know it. ;)

It's worked for me on every long trip i've taken.

Good Luck!

Pam

Qantas stands for "Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services"

It was started by two ex WW1 airmen, one an Australia, the other a South African living in Australia and mates with the Aussie since WW1.

It began flying in 1921, out of Longreach in Queensland, and is one of the, if not THE, oldest airline in the world.

Qantas has NEVER lost an aircraft . . . . in 75 years of flying!!

No other airline can claim that!

Just watch Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise in "Rain Man"

Dustin Hoffman plays the part of an Autistic man who is brilliant with statistics.

The only airline he would venture near with Tom Cruise was a Qantas flight!

Statistically, all the others offered had had several plane crashes over the years which Dustin Hoffman could recall.

So . . . . if you are scared s....... of flying, your best bet is to hop in a Qantas plane all the way to Australia.

Their safety record is 100% . . . . since 1921.

You will make it!!!

Your new life in Australia will begin the moment you take off from Jan Smuts Airport with Aussies looking after you and making sure you get there to your new land.

Don't be so worried that you feel you need sleeping tablets or knock out pills. Sit back in a Qantas plane and enjoy the ride.

The Aussies will get you there!

They always have.

Edited by Bob

Jan Smuts Airport

(Tongue in cheek smiley) You need to update your place-name-software Bob, it has since changed to Johannesburg International, but has recently been renamed O.R. Tambo Airport! ;):wacko:

(Sure you knew that, just wanted joke with you a bit :cry: )

Greetings,

Dreamy

Edited by Dreamcatcher

You ought to know me by now, Dreamy. This old dog is too old to learn new tricks.

A "rose" is a rose. By any other name, it's still a rose.

They can call it what they like, but once I get used to giving a name to a place, it sticks.

If it were called half a dozen different names in the years to come . . . . to give it a constant "face-lift" . . . . . it will still be the same ol' "Jan Smuts Airport" at the end of the day, to me and other ol' timers.

Edited by Bob

A "rose" is a rose. By any other name, it's still a rose.

They can call it what they like, but once I get used to giving a name to a place, it sticks.

If it were called half a dozen different names in the years to come . . . . to give it a constant "face-lift" . . . . . it will still be the same ol' "Jan Smuts Airport" at the end of the day, to me and other ol' timers.

Hehe, Thing is that over the decades I have arrived and departed from 'Jan Smuts' so often that the name tends to stick. So I still refer to it as Jan Smuts. I've tried to include JIA when in conversation lately only to be told the name has been changed again. ;)

With the code sharing agreements in place one may think one is to fly in a certain carriers aircraft only to learn that is is another.

QANTAS flies JHB (nonstop) to Sydney, SAA flies to Perth.

If I had a choice (if I were to fly SA to Aus) it would be QANTAS.

The company's official line is that it has never lost a "jet" aircraft.