Newcomer

Cheeky

I am new to the forum. We are in the process of applying for a 175 - my nerves are shot. My hubby is doing his practical assessment in Cape Town on the 8th of April. With the current turmoil I am not sure if we are doing the right thing, but we have spent quite a bit of money already.

If I look at our country's current situation, I know it is the right move.

Cheeky

Just remember with every downturn, comes an upturn. So yes it is a difficult time now, but believe me rather do it now than to wait until it's too late. I know it's a lot of money, we all have spent a hell of a lot of money for these visas and I know it's the right thing to do.

I am new to the forum. We are in the process of applying for a 175 - my nerves are shot. My hubby is doing his practical assessment in Cape Town on the 8th of April. With the current turmoil I am not sure if we are doing the right thing, but we have spent quite a bit of money already.

If I look at our country's current situation, I know it is the right move.

Cheeky

Welcome, you will find loads of friends and informative advice here, enough to keep you sane and in the loop during

the long road ahead, i know i have :-)

We are off to CT for the 22nd of April Practical - what trade is your hubby in?

OH AND BY THE WAY - YOU R DOING THE RIGHT THING!! Something must have put you down this path so why start doubting yourself now??

Edited by Serendipity0027

Hi there

Thanks for the king words of encouragement. My Hubby is an electrician.

What trade assessment are you undertaking?

Enjoy the wine down in Cape Town - have a few glasses on me!!

Hi Cheeky ( another Durbanite :) )

Welcome to the forum- and all the luck with the application process. This forum is a great source of info and inspiration.

MelbourneGirl

Hi Cheeky

Welcome and good luck with your process. The forum is great but beware, it's very addictive.

Sharon

Hi Cheeky... (like the name)

I would like to make a point... the 'lot of money' syndrome we spend on visas... don't look at at it as an expense... look at it as an investment to your future... you will feel so much better...

Welcome...

Enjoy the ride, can be very long...

joefromsa

Hi there

Thanks for the king words of encouragement. My Hubby is an electrician.

What trade assessment are you undertaking?

Enjoy the wine down in Cape Town - have a few glasses on me!!

I think i will need more than a few glasses... its stressing us out! My hubby is doing the Motor Mechanic assessment.

I am going along for the ride. hahah AND WINE! :ilikeit:

Would love to hear from you when your back so we can get a "heads up" I know its a different trade but sure you will be able to part with some comforting knowledge on how his assessment went.

Chat soon and enjoy the forum, don't let it confuse though. Sometimes there are conflicting things out there. I have only been on this a couple days and already my mind is a-blast with so much info.

All the best to your hubby with the Practical when it arrives.

Hopefully chat soon

I would like to make a point... the 'lot of money' syndrome we spend on visas... don't look at at it as an expense... look at it as an investment to your future... you will feel so much better...

Welcome...

joefromsa

I like that and can't agree more. :ilikeit:

Hi there

Will definately let you know how it went and what your hubby can expect.

I agree, it is like a overload of information.

All the best and enjoy the trip. I am not joining my hubby - the mum in-law will take care of him.

Will chat soon. :ilikeit:

Good luck with the rest of the process. We haven't been in Aus very long, but we are blissfully happy.

Welcome...

joefromsa

Thanks joefromsa, that was just what I needed today. We started the process yesterday and I was stressed out about the costs!

M

Welcome to the forum Cheeky - it is addictive and sometimes information overload. Try to bear in mind that everyone has their own personal opionions and each visa application is different - so use it as a guideline.

I totally agree with joefromsa - it is a pricey journey to Australia - but well worth every cent. We are alot poorer here in monetary terms, but the freedom and lifestyle we have is priceless.

Good luck with your decisions,

from an ex-Durbanite