New to forum

polar

greetings to all!!

we have been browsing this site for a while now and decided to register as it seems we can access more information that way.

my wife and i with our two boys, one 71/2 and the other 16 months have been actually considering the migration option for a number of years. since 2001 actually and have decided that the time has come for us to commit to a better future for our family.

this is a very hard decision to have made as we all love this country but as we all know this is not the reason why we are wanting to immigrate.

we lodged our application( VE 176) on the 24th October 2008 and we received our case officer on the 9th February 2009.

they have since then requested further information, which we have sent through to them, that was about one week ago but have not heard anything further. we are doing this ourselves and not through an agent.

you sure feel that they will be asking for blood samples next in their efforts to confirm all your experience and qualifications.

when you feel alone and overwhelmed in this awsome decision to move it is good to know that you are not the only ones in the same boat.

thanks for a great site

regards

michael

Welcome to the site Michael. There are some very helpful folks here so just ask away if you have questions!

Hi Michael

You have been through most of the application side of things. Congratulations. Best of luck for the last few hurdles before the hard labour starts - packing or/and selling. :ilikeit:

Karina

Hi Michael, where do you plan to settle in oz??

Hi Michael

Good decision to become a member - now your'e no longer incognito.

This forum is great and at time can really lift your spirits and make you feel a lot better when times are rough.

hope you and your family will be happy in your move - keep us posted.

Brenda & Nick

Hi Michael, where do you plan to settle in oz??

hi

we are planning to settle in Victoria, my wife spent a year there as an exchange student, granted that was a long time ago but she totally loved the area and this did help in making our decision as to where to go. Oz is rather large and a wide variety of places to choose from.

how are you finding your new life down under?

personally i think that you should go with the mind set that it wont be easy and that no place is perfect. obviously a positive frame of mind makes all the difference. i guess that once you are there all the obsticles that you have built up in your mind will be a lot smaller and also non existant.

regards

michael

Hi Michael

Good decision to become a member - now your'e no longer incognito.

This forum is great and at time can really lift your spirits and make you feel a lot better when times are rough.

hope you and your family will be happy in your move - keep us posted.

Brenda & Nick

thanks for the response, currently still very excited. i am sure that in time and also closer to the move things will get more stressfull but we will deal with that when we get there.

regards

michael

Welcome Michael and family, I am sure that you will be happy in Victoria