Any South African caravan clubs or groups in Perth?

Tonyb

Howzit

We would like to find out if there is a South African caravan or camping club in Perth. We are keen campers and often go away in our caravan. We would love to go camping with South Africans for a change, so if you are keen to have a few beers and a lekker stuk biltong around a camp fire let me know.

Regards

Tony and Suzanne :ilikeit:

• 3 months later...

Hi Tony and Suzanne

We love to camp and would surely look into camping with other saffers. I think it's a great idea starting a caravan club or group.

Where in Perth are you guys situated.

Telanie

I grew up caravaning in and around the Western Cape with my family.

I grew out of the whole caravaning scene - mostly because a lot of the camps started to become a tad run-down over the past few years.

The parks that kept up the standards (only of what I have seen - this is a generalization) are the very Afrikaans camps. I have to be honest, but more than once, I found a lot of hostility there towards us Engelse. This is only my experience - my dad is still a keen caravaner and he pretty much only goes to the Afrikaans parks and he has had no problems ever (note, though - my dad is a Hollander).

Anyhow - we drifted out of the caravaning scene in SA.

Now that we are in Perth, I have to say that I am very keen to get back into caravaning. Especially now that we have a kiddy (a 3.5 year old). I want her to experience the same type of childhood that I was privaledged to have. Nothing like the excitement of packing a caravan and heading off on an adventure if you are a kid! Also, caravaning seems like such a fabulous way to explore WA. I'd also be interested to know of any caravan clubs (provided us Engelse are welcome :thumbdown::lol: )!

Ahhh - you have brought back so many memories of evening fires - a rare steak, a good glass of wine/beer and good company. Then bring on the kadak scottel in the morning for a bacon egg and tomotoe fry-up! *bliss*

• 2 months later...

Hi.... what is happening about the camping club/group. Are we going to be starting one if there are enough people interested?? Are there enough families interested in Perth or WA?? Maybe all the interested people out there should let themselves be know so we can start organising get-aways. I am in Perth so come on Perth families lets do something now that summer is getting closer. :thumbdown:

Mandy

Hi guys

We are keen, although do not have a caravan......but can easily get a tent!!!! My daughter is camping mad, come warmer weather

this will be a great idea!!!! :thumbdown:

Please keep us posted!!I have heard that there are so terrific camping sites around WA

Erica

Ok, I read this thread and decided : right, lets do it !

All is welcome, Afrikaans, English, Saffers, Aussies, Kiwi's EVERYONE !

Invite ALL your friends who might want to join.

In caravans, tents, those who wants to stay in cabins, All of them.

I thought of a few WA places, and decided maybe Jurien Bay/Cervantes would be a good start.

Not too far for the guys from Perth, accessible to us in Geraldton too.

Now, let's see, a date ? Mmmm. How about weekend of 25 October ?

The last weekend in September is a long weekend, but thats also the Royal Perth Show.

Let me know how you feel, this isn't as such a Club, as a organised get-together

Cristel

cristel.roux@yahoo.com

Ok, I read this thread and decided : right, lets do it !

All is welcome, Afrikaans, English, Saffers, Aussies, Kiwi's EVERYONE !

Invite ALL your friends who might want to join.

In caravans, tents, those who wants to stay in cabins, All of them.

I thought of a few WA places, and decided maybe Jurien Bay/Cervantes would be a good start.

Not too far for the guys from Perth, accessible to us in Geraldton too.

Now, let's see, a date ? Mmmm. How about weekend of 25 October ?

The last weekend in September is a long weekend, but thats also the Royal Perth Show.

Let me know how you feel, this isn't as such a Club, as a organised get-together

Cristel

cristel.roux@yahoo.com

Hi Cristel

Sounds good to me. Count us in.

Mandy

Yip, that does sound great, must be 100% honest.....still would enjoy OUR

company more...you know, we all know the taal and the lingo, and do not have

to explain......sorry, but that is just my opinion........

I have heard that October is a stunning month, great to plan something!!

Erica

OK, let say anyone who understands the taal and the lingo IS WELCOME , so we dont have

to explain !!!

LOL,

Cristel

• 4 months later...

Haven't logged on to the forum for a while, did the camping weekend happen, if so how was it and when is the next one. Still very keen to go camping with fellow saffers.

Summer is almost over, should we arrange a weekend before winter rains? :ilikeit:

Tony and Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't logged on to the forum for a while, did the camping weekend happen, if so how was it and when is the next one. Still very keen to go camping with fellow saffers.

Summer is almost over, should we arrange a weekend before winter rains? :unsure:

Tony and Suzanne

Howzit

Are you still going to do the camping thing this year?

Let me know

Riaan