Converting from 175 to 176 - a guideline.

Pine and Riana Pienaar

there was a thread posted earlier about amounts needed for the different states, will try look for the thread now for you

I know in Tasmania we needed a minimum of $20 000 for main applicant, $10 000 for every other applicant

ACT was the same but there is an alternative. You need to do a budget and show how you will support yourself if you dont have that much. I know of some who have gone this way.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rene321

• billabong

• Pine and Riana Pienaar

• Maggel

ACT was the same but there is an alternative. You need to do a budget and show how you will support yourself if you dont have that much. I know of some who have gone this way.

You have to do a Financial Declaration if you dont have the money, where you can prove that you can sell your house, car Etc and have sufficient funds to move.

Hi

If you change from 175 to 176 can you also go the route of having a family member sponsor you? Do you still have the same spot in the line as the person being sponsored by a state or territory government agency?

I have an eligable brother and uncle that can sponsor us. We did not take that route when we applied as we at that stage thought both will take the same time. Will it be better if we change to 176 (family sponsor?)

thanx ren

"This visa also requires that either:

you, your spouse or your interdependent partner have an eligible relative living in Australia who is willing and able to sponsor you

or

you have a nomination from a participating State or Territory government agency."

I have also converted from the 175 to 176. My conversion documents were successfully received on 17 April. I then checked my online status and it says application processing further on 5 May. To date there has been no contact from a case officer. Does anyone have any experience on the conversion process as to how long it takes to get a case officer?

I understand from several people that the process in all states takes significantly longer. Bit of volume changes. Lets hear from others who have recently been through this??

I have also converted from the 175 to 176. My conversion documents were successfully received on 17 April. I then checked my online status and it says application processing further on 5 May. To date there has been no contact from a case officer. Does anyone have any experience on the conversion process as to how long it takes to get a case officer?

Hi Rene,

Almost same situation. Our documents for conversion was received on the 22 April ( first on the 15th April, but WA send the wrong documentation, so the right ones was only received on the 22nd). Then on the 1st of May, our online status also changed to application processing further, with nothing after. All documents still required and no case officer contact. Was hoping for the visa by this time :rolleyes: .

If you do hear anything, please let us know.

Good luck further.

Maggel.

They only changed the status of any of our docs after we got the letter that we dont have a visa - dont sweat about that. We did not have any contact with the CO till we got the letter.

Pine and Rianna

Thanks for the encouragement. How long did it take from when your application said processing further till granted?

Did you call the department after you spoke with them about the change from 175 to 176 or did you just wait it out?

Rene

Here is our timeline (for ACT)...

Application changed from 175 to 176 on 23 March

Assigned a Case officer on 30 March

Medicals done on 2 April - reached case officer on 15 April

Police Clearance certificates with case officer on 7 May

Waiting for approval. They didn't ask for any further docs.......just waiting waiting waiting. Driving me up the wall!!!!!!

If I don't have any change in status or approval by Thursday - I'm going to phone them..

Hi Rene,

We phoned DIAC this morning, and they said that they missed our application, and will forward it to a case officer. We should hear from them within the next 4 WEEKS. Yea, 4 weeks still before a case officer according to them. So the application being processed further meant nothing in our case. Maybe you should also phone them, and make sure you do have a case officer, and yours is not also missed.

Regards

Maggel.

I tried to phone this morning - held on forever and eventually it started to ring but no one answered! Will try again tomorrow morning...

Do you think it's a stalling tactic?

I have been asked for doc's not really related to the visa application, and they have recieved it now nearly 3 weeks ago. No real use in saying you'll have a CO within 10 days and then keep you waiting for months before they issue the visa!?

I tried to phone this morning - held on forever and eventually it started to ring but no one answered! Will try again tomorrow morning...

Good luck - it is a pain.

I know! And state sponsored should still get priority?! I would like to give notice everywhere next week to be able to leave end July, so it is totally driving me up the wall...I'll start phoning at 5:30 tomorrow morning and hopefully have some luck....

Looks to me like a standard answer, this 4 week waiting period. My CO requested docs(that he had) to be sent to him. Next day after it was sent again, requested PCC for my son who turned 16. 5 days later he had them and confirmed. 10 days later nothing. Another 10 days I phoned and ask if there is more info required. No thanks that is it, was the answer. You must give us four weeks before an out come is expected.

Now we are waiting again. I tell myself every day that there is a reason for this waiting and one day I will find out why I waited. Until then I guess we must accept it as there is not much that you can do about it.

Cheers

Hugo

"You must give us four weeks before an out come is expected. "

Then I'll lay off the email and their website for another week or 2 :censored:

Must say it feels longer than 4 weeks!

Hi Rene,

We phoned DIAC this morning, and they said that they missed our application, and will forward it to a case officer. We should hear from them within the next 4 WEEKS. Yea, 4 weeks still before a case officer according to them. So the application being processed further meant nothing in our case. Maybe you should also phone them, and make sure you do have a case officer, and yours is not also missed.

Regards

Maggel.

Maggel

I enquired today and was told also 4 weeks. Lets see what happens this waiting is the hardest part.

Rene

26 March SS

21 April medicals

23 April CO

28 April they received meds

29 April they received PCC

4 May noticed husband meds outstanding on website, agent contacted CO

11 May response - have med awaiting clearance from HOC

up until now NOTHING!! Frustrating. i get the feeling that things have slowed down somewhat, perhaps its because of quota allocated till end June??

Hope the 4 weeks allocation is from date CO assigned and not when the finally sorted out hubby paper work

I also get that feeling! But our agent hasn't said anything...so I suppose they just do this....and don't tell anyone they are actually slowing down....Bad timing...

In the words of Jordan Sparks

:thumbdown:

"Hurry up and wait

So close, but so far away

Everything that you've always dreamed of

Close enough for you to taste

But you just can't touch...

One step at a time....."

This song has become my anthem in this waiting game and I sing at the top of my voice with the kids in the car - hopefully someone in DIAC will hear me....

I know! And state sponsored should still get priority?! I would like to give notice everywhere next week to be able to leave end July, so it is totally driving me up the wall...I'll start phoning at 5:30 tomorrow morning and hopefully have some luck....

Have you had any luck yet?

Rene

26 March SS

21 April medicals

23 April CO

28 April they received meds

29 April they received PCC

4 May noticed husband meds outstanding on website, agent contacted CO

11 May response - have med awaiting clearance from HOC

up until now NOTHING!! Frustrating. i get the feeling that things have slowed down somewhat, perhaps its because of quota allocated till end June??

Hope the 4 weeks allocation is from date CO assigned and not when the finally sorted out hubby paper work

Jenny

How is the process going? The waiting is so frustrating.

Rene

Maggel

I enquired today and was told also 4 weeks. Lets see what happens this waiting is the hardest part.

Rene

Maggel

I thought I should keep checking at least once a week. I called today to hear that I have a casse oficer. I suggest call them as you may also have one.

Keep me posted.

Rene

Edited by rene321

[*]Once you get the sponsorship grant letter from (form 1100, I think) them they fill in a form and send it to DIAC confirming their willingness to sponsor you. If you are not on their list there is some other paperwork they need to also send. They mostly also send you a letter to confirm the sponsorship. I propose you just confirm with them that they have sent in the forms to DIAC before you contact DIAC in this regard.

Please ensure that when you state sponsorship is approved you either:

If existing application, provide the State with you TRN or reference number for the Form 1100

If still to submit application, provide the State with you TRN or reference number for the Form 1100 as soon as you have received