? Did u take your lawnmower

Deon-Louise and kids

Hi

I was just wondering did anybody manage to get your lawnmower clean enough to pass through in your container.

We have been wondering.

Thinking of sending it in for the motor to be completely cleaned and emptied of all fuel and oil.also steamclean and repaint the actual lawnmower itsself but just wondering is it worth it?

I would also like to know - just clean it very well?....Anyone who did this?

We bought a new one here. Cost under $200 at Bunnings... I thought it was reasonably well priced. But, I guess if you already have a good lawnmower and simply need to clean it, then you might as well bring it along in your container.

:unsure:

We brought ours. My husband had it cleaned (steamed cleaned) so that there were no grass or seeds stuck on the underbody or anywhere else.

Got the lawnmower through customes without problems.

AltaJ

I brought mine. No steam clean just a bit of elbow grease.

No problems

Thanx everybody.

The engine on the lawnmower is brand new ( almost) so really don't want to buy another if we can avoid it.

Cleaned mine properly....lots of elbow grease. Thought about buying red spray paint and painting the underisde but I run out of time. AQIS did inspection and wanted it cleaned through my agents ONLY $110!!!!!!!!! My response was "go jump!!! throw it away!!!!". My agents response "no worries, we have to deep bury the item and that will cost $800!!!!". My response " when can I get it back from the cleaners?" End result is I have the most expensive second hand lawn mower in Oz. ;-)

PS Good Tip: I had an old can of black spray paint and sprayed my gardens tools..... No problem!!!

Hi

I was just wondering did anybody manage to get your lawnmower clean enough to pass through in your container.

We have been wondering.

Thinking of sending it in for the motor to be completely cleaned and emptied of all fuel and oil.also steamclean and repaint the actual lawnmower itsself but just wondering is it worth it?

Leave it home: when you get here try the "roadside shopping centre" for a second-hand working model for free! If your one is fairly new or your steamcleaned and painted it, you may be lucky to get a guy at customs in a good mood that will allow it through, otherwise I would not go through the PT. Dont you deserve a new one anyway; now that you will be mowing the lawn?

Hans

We bought a new lawnmover in Oz, petrol lawnmower, hardly saw any electric ones, took a bit of getting used to but now we prefer it, much easier to get around without the stupid cord getting in the way.

They aren't cheap though, we paid just under $700 for ours.

Jill

If u have a fairly advanced model with lots of bells and whistles, it'll cost a bit to get something similar here. It might be worth it to get it cleaned, especially if you have space in your container. However, if you're using something pretty basic, I would sell it there and buy a new one here, which is what we did. YOu can pick up a decent petrol mower for around $250. If you look out for specials you can get one for under 200.

You'd need to weigh up the pros and cons. I simply didnt want the headache of worrying about our mower passing the 'aqis' test.

Hi

We have been wondering.

Hi

I would say depends on what you want to bring over. I have a robin and brought mine over. Self cleaned every little place. Make 200% sure of grass. If they find one little bit they will quarentine it.

Any parts that rusted - remove rust and paint.

Make sure there is no petrol in the tank.

I got mine through with no problems.

B

We have been cleaning for what felt like ages and my arms and back is sore from scrubbing. I had the energy for the weadeater but the mower - no go. It just takes too much time to properly do this and time caught up with us. I worked till 11:30 last night and they started packing our stuff today. Just no energy left.

• 4 weeks later...

We bought a high pressure cleaner, it was worked almost to death, in fact on the last day of packing, while cleaning bicycles, some part on it broke! Hubby used it, very carefully wrapping the motor, on our lawnmower so that it was spotless, and then spraypainted the underside with silver paint so it looked spiffing!! Made it through without a problem. Three bicycles got the same high pressure treatment and then the wheels sprayed with Q20 so they looked shiny and clean. All got through with no hassles. Tents, same thing. And all of hubbys tools. LOTS of hard work though. Was very grateful that there is labour we could afford in Africa to help with all of it!

We brought our lawnmower with in the container. Hubby cleaned very very well, it took him hours with the WAP and a cloth but in the end it was no problem. They did open it at quaratine but it passed.

Just took ours to a local carwash and they cleaned it up nicely for us - no issues with quarantine inspection.

• 2 weeks later...

Stripped the motor off my chassis and pressure cleaned it. Vacuumed out the motor (electric) and pa10 painted on the underside of the chassis no problems getting through. However I must say I don't even think we were inspected.

Stripped the motor off my chassis and pressure cleaned it. Vacuumed out the motor (electric) and pa10 painted on the underside of the chassis no problems getting through. However I must say I don't even think we were inspected.

Surely they inspected it? That is one thing they target!

About 90% of our boxes were opened.