Where to Live in Sydney?

gerrieb

Hi

Mt wife and I would like to know where in Sydney the most South Africans live. I will be working in North Sydney and my wife will be studying in the City. At first we will not purchase a vehicle, thus we will need to be close to public transport. Any suggestions will be appreciated!!

Thanx

Hi there

Alot will depend on your economic situation. There are lots of South Africans on the North Shore mainly in the St Ives, Turrumurra, Pymble area. There are trains through Gordon, Lindfield, Turrumurra, Wahroonga all lovely areas. Check out realestate.com.au for rental prices, it is more expensive than the Hill etc but public transport is great. The houses are also older so you get less for money. There are also alot of South Africans who are more established and have lots of money in Neutral Bay which is closer to the city. You will find South Africans across in most suburbs and more recently are moving to the Hills which has great access to Paramatta but as far as I know no trains.

Good Luck

Good places to stay if you want to stay near the train line is North Sydney, Milsons point, St Leonard, Artarmon, Chatswood, Hornsby are all places that have units that are close to the train station. They are all good Suburbs. You will often hear South African accents on the North Shore train.

There's a suburb called Cherrybrook with so many South Africans, they (the South Africans) renamed it Kersiefontein!! :closedeyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi

my husband and I are also moving to Australia, hopefully by the end of the year, and we have decided to settle in the West Pymble/Pymble/Gordon area. We found a school which we really liked for my daughter that seemed to have quiet a few South Africans.

If there is anyone from that area, please let me know....will be nice to have some SA contacts when we arrive there. think we are just a few minutes from St Ives, which a lot of Australians have named "little South Africa"

Robyn