Some feedback on VETASSESS

Tim & Abby

Hi there

Just got my skills assessed through VETASSESS (for management, administrative and professional occupations) and thought the following info might be useful for others on the forum who are going through the same assessment body.

1) You can apply online at www.vetassess.com.au (you follow a link to www.skillassess.com). Apparently this cuts down on waiting time because they don't have to input the data on their side. You have a month to fill in and correct the form online once you start filling it in.

2) You can also pay online with a credit card - very convenient.

3) In addition to certified copies of all academic records, degrees, etc. and a copy of the application form you've filled in online, you also need to send a certified declaration that you are not in Australia at the time of sending in the skills application, in order to pay the reduced $350 fee. They only tell you about the certified declaration when you pay online - quite annoying if, like me, you've just got everything else certified! :ilikeit:

My supporting documentation reached VETASSESS on 10 October and the positive assessment got here on 26 October, so our migration agents were right when they said that VETASSESS is a really efficient skills assessment body!

Abby (& Tim)

Abby & Tim

Thank you for the info. After some research, I believe I will require to have my credentials assessed through this agency. If I may ask, since you mentioned management did you also approach the Australian Institute of Management for assessment?

Regards

Carlos

Abby & Tim

Thank you for the info. After some research, I believe I will require to have my credentials assessed through this agency. If I may ask, since you mentioned management did you also approach the Australian Institute of Management for assessment?

Regards

Carlos

Hi Carlos

I didn't approach the Australian Institute of Management – I'm an editor, so I only had to go through VETASSESS.

They do list the assessment bodies for each job on the SOL (Skilled Occupation List), so perhaps some management positions have to be assessed through the AIM. From what I can see, VETASSESS covers quite a wide range of jobs, though.

Perhaps someone else on the forum has contacted the Australian Institute of Management?

All the best

Abby (& Tim)

Hi All,

..., you also need to send a certified declaration that you are not in Australia at the time of sending in the skills application, in order to pay the reduced $350 fee.

I used the attached template for my declaration that I was not in Australia at the time of my application.

I trust that it will assist someone in the future.

Good luck!

Pippa

Affidavit_Template.pdf