Johnny Clegg - Live in Brisbane

calibrated

https://www.qtix.com.au/show/johnny_clegg_09.aspx

Johnny Clegg 2009

Concert Hall, QPAC

28 May 2009

Choose Your Date:

Thu 28 May 2009, 8:00PM

Johnny Clegg is one of South Africa's most celebrated sons. He is a singer, a songwriter, a dancer, anthropologist and a musical activist whose infectious crossover music, a vibrant blend of Western pop and African Zulu rhythms, has exploded onto the international scene - and broken through all barriers.

In France where he continues to enjoy a massive following, he is fondly called Le Zulu Blanc.

Clegg used his music to send out a strong anti-apartheid message and no song was more powerful than Asimbonanga, Clegg's tribute to the jailed Nelson Mandela. His performance of this song today with Madiba as a free man and in the year of Mandela's ninetieth birthday, still sends shivers down the spine of the audience who are continuously in awe of his fine leadership attributes. Mandela has joined Johnny Clegg on stage during the 46664 Aids Awareness Concerts, a name lent to the events by Madiba from his Robben Island prison number.

The haunting refrain Impi (meaning Zulu warrior) regularly echoes within any South African rugby stadium which, together with Great Heart from the movie Jock of the Bushveld have achieved for Clegg anthem status with crowds in his home country.

Date/Time

Thu 28 May 2009, 8.00pm

Tickets (inc. fees)

$89.90 to $110.00

Duration

1 hour and 30 minutes (no interval)

(subject to change without notice)

Groups

Great discounts available for groups.

Adult Groups of 10+ B Reserve $85.00 & A Reserve $105.00

Make an online group booking or Book a school group.

For more information call qtix on 136 246

Presented by

Zeridium Pty Ltd

i just missed him performing at grand west by 1 week when i went back to cape town in dec, so i wont be missing this :whome:

Fantastic news. I will most definitely be there. Johnny Clegg and Savuka were so part of my youth.

All the details of dates, venues & booking outlets for the Johnny Clegg Down Under Tour to Australia & New Zealand are here or cut and paste the following link into your internet browser http://www.cleggdownunder.com