Sponsorship/IT Job

Enzo

Hi All,

I need urgent help, and I don’t really know where to turn to anymore. I was retrenched or shall we say made redundant on the 4th February 2009, and I need to get a job within the next couple of weeks for me to stay legally in Australia.

I am here with my family and we are living in Melbourne. I have been advised that once I get the letter from the Department of Immigration I will have 28 days to get the job or I would need to leave the country.

I have applied for numerous positions on the net and with the one on this forum, but I have had no luck, not even trying to get an interview. I have also approached employment agencies also with no luck. I am a System Administrator on a system called SmartPlant Materials, which is a Material Management system for EPC and EPCM and LSTK projects. I have also gained knowledge and experience in various other fields which I have worked in, which are Import/Export, Logistics, Sales, Procurement, Project Management and Data Base Administration.

If anyone knows of a position in any of these lines, can they please let me know immediately?

I would appreciate any help that I can find.

Thanks

Enzo

Edited by Enzo

Hi Enzo.

I am sorry to hear this and can imagine how stressed you are. I will ask my hubby as he is in IT as well but maybe contact Diversity especially Simone, she did my hubbies placement and specializes in IT. Here are her details. Have you also tried to put you CV on LinkedMe.

Simone Connell

Recruitment Consultant

Diversiti

Level 11, 473 Bourke Street

Melbourne VIC 3000

Tel: +61 3 8629 1164

Fax: +61 3 8629 1188

www.diversiti.com.au

Hopefully you will get something. We are also in Melbourne so shout if I can help with anything.

Ronell

Hi Enzo.

I am sorry to hear this and can imagine how stressed you are. I will ask my hubby as he is in IT as well but maybe contact Diversity especially Simone, she did my hubbies placement and specializes in IT. Here are her details. Have you also tried to put you CV on LinkedMe.

Simone Connell

Recruitment Consultant

Diversiti

Level 11, 473 Bourke Street

Melbourne VIC 3000

Tel: +61 3 8629 1164

Fax: +61 3 8629 1188

www.diversiti.com.au

Hopefully you will get something. We are also in Melbourne so shout if I can help with anything.

Ronell

Hi Steynrr,

Thanks for the info I will give it a try, and get back to you with the results.

Cheers

Enzo

Edited by Enzo

Have you tried to google - you just might get some company names to contact them directly....

Have you tried to google - you just might get some company names to contact them directly....

Hi Enzo!

My heart goes out to you and I sincerely hope someone hears your plea and helps you in time. Unfortunately my daughter's fiance - a Business Systems Analyst with a Masters degree in IT, 5 years' work experience and excellent references - could not find a sponsor in time. Sadly, he and my daughter have had to pack up their lives in Brisbane and are at the airport as I write this, waiting to catch their flight to Germany (where they have had no difficulty finding a job). They will work there while they wait for their 176 visa to be processed. They feel pretty disillusioned as they were led to believe that their respective professional skills were sorely needed in Australia.

My husband (an environmental professional with a magnificent CV) has also just heard that 'a dead cert' job offer from a Goverment Department in Western Oz has been overruled by the Director General "due to the present economic crisis in Australia". Tragically this means the end of our Oz dream, as this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him - especially considering that he has just turned 56, which makes us officially past our 'sell by' date jobwise. This has been a devastating blow for us as 3 of our 4 children (and all our grandchildren!) are already living (but not PR yet) in Oz. I also have several professional skills that are on the critical list in Oz, but my age rules me out from applying. I guess we have no option but to stay in SA now as we have missed the boat.

Good luck with your search, Enzo. I'll be holding all my fingers and toes for you. At least you still have youth on your side! Regards, 'KK'

Thanks so much to the kind members of the forum who made helpful suggestions and supplied contact details for recruitment agencies they thought could be of help.

Good luck man, I've been through a similar experience in the UK last year. Whatever you do don't over stay your visa rather just come at sit it out in SA or some other country..