Australians all let us rejoice.....

chatterbug

Hi my fellow esteemed forumites,

I have something to run up my flagpole to see if someone salutes it!

Tonight I would just like take some time out to brag about my recently aquired and much sought after "prize" - especially so I'd suspect for someone frequenting this forum.

It all started in the year of our lord 2001 when ..........blah blah blah and the rest is history!

O what a feeling!!!!!!!!!!!

Ek het 'n gruwelike, gorrelende giggel wat opborrel in my gorrelgat! :ilikeit:

OK OK let me share......

This is has been a big year for me..........

And my new son the inimitable baby BUG beat us to it........

You are speaking to probably one of the newest Australian citizens today..............I did the oath..........got the certificate.......took a snap with the lady with all the bling.....sang the anthem and taDa!

Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi.........the mayor in her bling even led us in this traditional aussie cry!

And we each have a indigeneous tree to boot! Quite cool....will be the first plants in my new garden!

GUYS, HANG IN THERE! ITS ALL WORTH IT IN THE END! :ilikeit:

AUSSIE BUG :whome:

ON TOP OF THE WORLD DOWN UNDER!

Hi Aussie Bug!

Baie geluk!! :) Ons het nou net begin om die Citizen vorms in te vul... hoe lank het dit julle geneem van die ingee van die vorms tot die waardevolle stukkie papier en boom in die hand is?

Suidwes

Guest Sunshine Sister

Congratulations AussieBug !!

That is fantastic news. Does this mean no more giggel-groen outfits to work in support of the Bokke ?

Bring on the thongs, we have a new Ozzie in our midst. :)

Love

SS

:)

Congratulations AussieBug, :)

Your post had me in goosebumps and tears. I'm so happy for you.

Congratulations once again.

Greetings

Dreamy

Thanks all you guys..........yes I've got an extra spring in my step today!Thanks Dreamy :) I tend to have that effect on the girls :):angry: ...(hehehe........ ;)

Windgat BUG!

Ag kwaai man! :) Jy is nou offisieel 'n Ozzie mate ;);)

Jy weet natuurlik dat ek nou groen is.... (nie 'n bok nie)...van jaloesie :)

Lindy-Lee

:angry:

WOW! Baie geluk man! :closedeyes: Ek kan jou "song & dance" totaal verstaan!! :huh:

Ek kan nie wag vir daai dag in ons lewens nie - maar dit is nog ten minste 2 jaar (as DIMIA nou net mooi saamwerk en ons PR vir ons vinnig gee voor die 3 jaar - of is dit 4 jaar - nuwe wetgewing inkom!!......) Ek sal intussen die woorde vir my liedjie begin skryf...... ;)

Happy happy Bug....ons kan darem al gaan vir ons interview...vorms is online gelodge minder as n week terug... :D

Soooo maybe op Australia day..wie weet.....kan ek ook my thongs amptelik begin dra....weet net nie van die singlet nie... :ilikeit:

Congrats, great stuff bro (I mean mate)!

SAS

Thanks you guys! Hey ExASP sterkte met die interview - leer maar daardie huiswerk wat hulle vir jou gee uit jou kop uit, hulle vra jou dit, ons het soos skape oor die counter in 'n postshop ons rympie moes opse met die beampte tannie wat vir ons oor haar brilletjies loer, ewe skepties en al. Hopelik is dit die laaste wat ek my lewe so moet oopvlek soos 'n Houtbaai snoek!

Vasbyt!

BUGster

Dis great nuus, AusieBug!!

(Moet net vir jou sê, dat ek jou name onder aan jou briewe vreeslik geniet!!, SportsBug!)

Tania

Well done.

Taking out Australian citizenship and "joining the family" is one thing, but giving Australia another baby is super.

You are precisely the sort of person that Australia wants to attract AND keep.

On a selfish note, at least I know there'll be one more Aussie around to push my wheelchair in years to come!

With the $3,000 (R17,000) Baby Bonus tax-free, are you planning on spending up a little this Christmas??

Hey thanks Bob, you are so kind! Its OK to be selfish, anytime mate!

The baby bonus is actually $4000 nowadays and going up to $ 5000 I think in 2008! Nope I have already spent most of it, came in handy with all the baby paraphernalia!

SUPERBUG :)