RSS Feeds?

kiffoke

Question

Hi Hendie and Hosts

Would it be possible to get an RSS feed working for the "View new posts" feature?

Many Thanks

kiffoke

4 answers to this question

Hey kiffoke,

I have been wondering lately what an RSS feed is... and have seen them fairly often on the net.

Please could you enlighten me?! :blush:

red

Red,

it's a system which allows you to automagically receive new posts almost in an e-mail kind of way. In fact I find it works best with a RSS reader plug-in for Outlook... The software on which this forum is based (IP Board) allows for RSS to be enabled.

Hey kiffoke,

I have been wondering lately what an RSS feed is... and have seen them fairly often on the net.

Please could you enlighten me?! :ilikeit:

red

Hi Red

RSS is basically a very fast way to read lots of stuff in one place that you would normally check daily anyway on multiple different websites

RSS is a way of viewing information on the web by subscribing to an RSS Feed. Website publishers create a feed of things that are of interest to their readers.

Once the feed is created, a user can subscribe to the feed using an application on your PC, or via a feed reader on the web such as Google Reader. This gathers together all the subscribed feeds and displays them in a list.

The reason that you'd want to use this is to quickly read lots of information from multiple websites that you read on a daily basis without having to necessarily (although you can from the links in each post in the feeds) visit the website.

I have feeds from Mail and Guardian, Sydney Morning Herald, Dilbert, a bunch of columnists and bloggers, some comedy stuff, a few sports sites, and shopping bargains that I read daily in my rss reader - I finish reading about 200 posts in the morning and about 50 during the day.