pam: new to forum

Noddy

hi All

Thanx Riekie for the welcome.

My husband (Matthew) and I and our 2 kids are hoping to join u all Down Under shortly. All our documents are submitted, just been for medicals last week, and awaiting an outcome from our case worker. It's at the stage where we sit waiting and watching post and e-mail. Can anybody give us an idea more or less how much longer it'l take from now & whether we'l receive e-mail notification or snail mail. We applied under skilled 136. Matthew's an electrician. We're planning on moving to Brisbane.

Take care!

Hi Pam, After we had sent off our last request which I think was the English test results it took about two weeks to get the long awaited e-mail. We could not believe that it took so quick. Hope the same applies for you guys.

Megan

Can anybody give us an idea more or less how much longer it'l take from now & whether we'l receive e-mail notification or snail mail. We applied under skilled 136. Matthew's an electrician.

Welcome to the forum Pam. See this thread . You can register on this site and by using the search function, you can search for other people who also applied under skilled 136 MODL at the same time as yourself. By following their timelines, you can get a good idea of what to expect next and when. You can also watch the BE site and watch the progress of other skilled 136 MODL applicants. Sometimes migration agents post inside info into the current processing times and events at the DIMIA. If you are anxious about waiting for the next step in the visa process, following the BE site can be a good way of killing time. :ilikeit:

Sam

Edited by Sam

Hi Pam

Please read signature for time lines. But my agent said that it would take anything from 6 - 8 weeks before we get a reply because they have a back log in Sydney with the meds.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Rudi

Guest Bronwyn

I can't answer either because we are on a totally different Visa (163). Went for medicals on 18 August and got an e-mail with approval on 07 September, so 3 weeks. Unbelievably quick and we felt so happy & fortunate.

I just wanted to say I know how you must be feeling, the wait is agonising. I wanted someone to knock me out under anesthetic until an answer came through. It's all you can think of!

Thinking of you, Bronwyn

To all of you who replied: Thank you so much!

The links were very informative and the encouragement was just what I needed after the day I had 2day.

I will also make the time to register on the site that will give other Saffers timelines 2 work from - just need to get all the dates in order first.

I'm hopeful that we'l receive a response by beginning Dec at the latest - excellent Xmas present! - but my husband is not as optimistic.

Hi Pam,

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the "Big Wait". It is terrible, we know. Try and relax (Yeah right :ilikeit: ) and have some fun in the meantime. Do things that you'll remember when you need to look back and remember some good times.

Greetings,

Dreamy

• 2 months later...

Hi Pam,

Wasssuup? You must have heard something by now? :ilikeit:

How about joining us at the Durban coffee club's first get-together on Sat 17 Feb?

Alan