smooth cottage cheese

Antoinette

If you also used to use smooth cottage chees to make cheesecakes and you cannot find it here. This is what I discovered. (Probably only true for SA). Some foodstores and green groecers sell Kraft's German style cottage cheese. It is smooth, only 2 percent fat. Add cream, gelatine, castor sugar and lemon juice and you have a nice cheesecake foundation.

Used crumbed digestive biscuits for the base.

Sounds Good, Antoinette. I cannot handle the lumpy cottage cheese - makes me grrrril. When I want smooth cottage cheese or a recipe calls for it I buy the lumpy stuff and whizz it with the whizz stick - comes out perfectly!

Yeah, Kraft's has the texture of wizzed chunky cottage cheese. But it doesn't bother to much in the cheesecake. I also saw a tub Kraft's swiss cottage cheese. Don't know what it is like yet. Thanks for that tip. Those wizz thingies really made cooking easier.

Tubs of Philadelphia work a treat and Woolworths homebrand cream cheese is also smooth - same thing :thumbdown: Perfect for those cheesecake recipe's.