CANCELLING EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS

MANDIBRENT

Question

Hi there,

I have been receiving email notifications when new topics are posted. I need to sop these going forward as the email address I am currently using willbe discontinued from Monday. Please advise how Ii can do this. I have tried on my controls but nothings seems to offer that option.

Also, what is my user name and ID - BIT OF A BLONDE DAY TODAY? :ilikeit:

Many thanks

MANDIBRENT

10 answers to this question

Click MY CONTROLS. In the left hand column toward the bottom of the page there is a section called OPTIONS. To cancel email notifications click - you guessed it "Email notifications". To change email address, click (you guessed it again) "Change Email Address"

Hi Jordy,

Don't know if I am missing anything, but I have done that and there are no ticks in any of the email notification boxes - nil. So now what?!!!!

Regarding the email address. I won't have one from next week for a few weeks so how do I enter nothing????!!!

As I said - BLONDE DAY FOR ME

Can't you check for me hun? Pretty please

Um in the very bottom ticked box which is called "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?" there is a drop down menu. Click the drop menu and select "No email notification". I would think that because you have chosen this option of not getting emails you must leave that choose box ticked.

As for email, can I ask why you are not getting a free gmail account? Gmail is google's email and really is the best there is. It has the best SPAM filter of any free email addresses. I will never have an ISP based email address again.

Thank you kindly Jordy. Will do as instructed. Sorry for any trouble.

I will look into the free gmail account. Sounds like an option, never thought of it.

Cheerio

Okay so I've opened a gmail email, but now have forgotten my password for the forum - help!

May I suggest that in future you use a password storage utility such as Hasla (http://www.download.com/Hasla-Passwords-/3000-2092_4-10696125.html), and use a complex, yet easy to remember master password? An example would be... if, say, your favourite poem is the Shakespearean sonnet: "Shall I compare Thee to a Summer's day", then the password would be "SIcttaSdTamlamt". It's not a dictionary word, so automated guessing will be VERY hard.

Hi Mandi

Passwords can be a pain in the ass, what I have taken to doing is using very old past addresses, 5 countries and plenty of homes, I have many of those, and they are facts that no one else will know about me, yet they are easy for me to remember

With regard to email notifications, just another note, when you post a topic or reply to one, remember DO NOT TICK the "Enable email notification of replies " box! If you did so in past topics, they will probably keep on coming. I have no idea whether or not Jordy's advice about going into your 'my controls' and cancelling email notifications will override this, I sure hope so.

Tx Mara, Omzig and Jordy,

I am sorry to be such a pain with this but I think I am just not in a very good state of mind right now. So much going on in our lives right now. Battling to remember my cell number, never mind my passwords - and we all know we have passwords for just about everything. Internet banking, forum, medical aid website, facebook and on and on and on.

I will take you advice Mara thanks.

Now if only the system would send me an email reminder of what my password is?! :whome:

I made a folder in my email account. I keep all the registration information for forums in there. Most websites have a 'forgotten password' option.

Tx for the help Polly. I see that there is a forgotten password option. It requires I send my email address or username and they will email my password immiediately or within 10 minutes. It has been 1 hour now and nothing. I have tried with my email address and then with my user name - still nothing. Darn passwords, causing me a whole lot of upheaval today. Feel like boxing :whome: he he he