50g milk chocolate, chopped finely

3 teaspoons gelatine

1/4 cup (60ml) water

2 x 250g packets cream cheese softened

1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar

3 x 60g MARS BARS chopped finely

Preparation time 30 minutes (plus refrigeration time) cooking time 5 minutes

Method:

1. Blend or process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter, process until just combined. Using one hand, press biscuit mixture evenly over base and side of 20cm springform tin ? cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.

2. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, extra butter and 2 tablespoons of the cream in a small saucepan, stir over low heat, until sugar dissolves, to make butterscotch sauce.

3. Combine chocolate and another 2 tablespoons of the cream in another small saucepan, stir over low heat until chocolate melts.

4. Sprinkle gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug, stand jug in small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine dissolves, cool for 5 minutes.

5. Beat cheese and caster sugar in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat remaining cream in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir slightly warm gelatine mixture into cheese mixture with Mars bars, fold in cream.

6. Pour half cheese mixture into prepared tin, drizzle half of the butterscotch and chocolate sauces over cheese mixture. Pull skewer backwards and forwards through mixutre several times to create marbled effect. Repeat process with remaining cheese mixture and sauces. Cover cheesecake and refrigerate for about 3 hours or until set.

Serves 8.

tips - because of the long refrigeration time, this recipe is a good one to prepare a day ahead if you are entertaining. You can also melt milk chocolate and cream in a microwave over, cook on high (00%) for about 1 minute stirring twice while cooking.

The picture looks delicious, my mouth waters just looking at it.

Hope someone makes it and lets us know how it is.

Jill

Oh no - this is too terrible... How on earth is one supposed to stick to the diet with all these temptations around?

Thanks for this Jill, I think I'll have to road test this one over the weekend...

Jill,

I've only read the ingredients and it's wicked!

By the way, I burn water when I boil a kettle (not good in the kitchen...), but I may have a crack at this one...

Good luck with the cake, let me know how it is. Me who is on a fast type of diet of nothing that tastes good for the next 38 days.

GRRRR Jill