For all the chocolate junkies...

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.

Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

choc_cupcake4.bmp

Edited by zorba

Yummie!

Even my (the non cook and baker) can get this reight!

Thanks for sharing it !

Nats

Thanks Zorba

I never bake as I fail dismally, but this seems so simple and I have all the ingredients!

I am DYING to try this !!! My 6 year old daughter LOVES baking, and this sounds like one that she can almost do on her own....she will LOVE that !

Thanks for posting....

Did you have to post that receipe ? and still advise that the chocolate chips are optional and I can be virtuous ??? Not with chocolate zorba !!! ;)

My baking / cooking always has the "rustic" look - so if this is going to flow over the top all on its own without my help - Im definately going to try it. Chocolate cake using oil is my favourite - so moist and gooey. Yum.

Glad you liked it! :lol:

Anyone tried it yet? Go on, 'fess up... :lol:

Patty, loved your comment! I suppose if some dude with a Std 3 education can do it, then why can't I? Oh, yes, now I remember why...I don't have a criminal record... :lol:

Enjoy the chocolate fix!

I am too scared to make it... just incase it really is THAT easy...

We all know what will happen then! :lol:

My six year old daughter is having her first playdate on Saturday and we're making these cupcakes - let's hope I don't manage to screw up an un-screw-up-able recipe cos the mom is coming too....watch this space :whome:

Sounds like the coffee, oil cake that might replace Ina Paarman's mix. Ina's mix begins with beating the egg for one minute and then adding the oil and beating it for another 2 minutes. Maybe that also will make a difference to the texture of the cake. Een van die dae hou ons koekbasaar!

• 1 month later...

My 2 girls have just made some of your mug cakes, they loved doing it and it is so easy and delicious too! They had such fun! We will make this again for sure!

Thanks for the great idea!

Wow guys this just sounds too dangerous. I am a very lazy cook although I love cooking and baking. This just sounds too quick and easy and if i dare make it for my boys I dread to think what they will be getting upto in the night and the mess I will find my kitchen in in the morning.

Was just wondering if I do manage to make it without stuffing it down my mouth in 2 minutes while I hide in the pantry how long would it keep for. If I made a few for my tea with my girl friends on Thursday would they still be nice and sticky an hour later?

Thanks girls

S

I just checked my kids cakes which they only managed to eat half of , and they have not been put away in a container and they are fine, they baked theirs more than an hour ago.

The best part is there is no mess!! You use a tablespoon and a coffee mug and that is ALL! No mixing bowls and no cake pans = No evidence!!

Thanks for checking. It sounds like a good breakfast idea. I will try take photographic evidence of my 3 boys attempts at the chocolate cake.

S

Oh I'm embarrassed but must confess that I've baked it 4 times already since the recipe was posted. :holy: LOL. So easy and tasty. Best recipe ever!

Ok so I have tried, Ina Parman's chocolate cake, the best. Satooz and Springbok foods don't stock it any more. I have seen a reply for Betty Crocker's one, anybody tried that ? Recently tried the oil one from Huisgenoot wenresepte, still looking for a moist coffee/oil one, if anybody has the recipe please share

Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
Ok so I have tried, Ina Parman's chocolate cake, the best. Satooz and Springbok foods don't stock it any more. I have seen a reply for Betty Crocker's one, anybody tried that ? Recently tried the oil one from Huisgenoot wenresepte, still looking for a moist coffee/oil one, if anybody has the recipe please share

Thanks !

Betty crocker is OK but for me still not as good as the Ina Paarman Cake mix. I've also tried the triple chocolate muffin premix and it is nice but not as nice as the ones woollies (RSA) used to make. I think you have to make peace with the fact that the cakes you bake here will just not be the same. I posted something about the flour and got the answer. Australian flour has a higher gluten content giving a heaver, lumpier result. Next I am going to try Laucke's bakers flour. Made pizza dough with it, which came out OK. I have a recipe somewhere for a coffee cake. I also like IP's bran muffins where you added yoghurt. Have been looking for a replacement recipe. It is disappointing, I know, but I can live with it, My husband certainly can't notice the difference. To cheer you up try the little angel cup cakes premix of white wings. That's the kind of lightness I like in a cake. I suspect white wings keep their best flour for their premixes. Also try the white wings buttermilk pancake shaker mix. Makes yummy flapjacks.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so finally gave in and made this recipe for me and hubby yesterday...

Big mistake because now I'll be making it all the time! It is delish!

Thanks so much for this recipe! :ilikeit: