House to rent in Adelaide

igovender

hi everyone... I need some help with finding a house to rent in Adelaide. Preferably a 3 bedroom house in either West Lakes or Semaphore Park. I have check the realestate website.. not much choice.. I was wondering if the local newspaper would be a better bet for house hunting. I arrive in Adelaide on the 19th of March 09.

Hi Ishi

The websites, really are up to speed here in Adelaide. The main problem is that most of the rentals require a property inspection / viewing by the prospective tenants, and you won't be likely to sign a rental agreement before you land in Adelaide.

Rentals here work a little differently. People here will view a / many inspections and put in their applications to rent the homes...

Some people have diffuculty in securing a rental immediately, and some have no hassle at all.

We got the first one we applied for, and so did friends of ours.

What most people do, is organise temporary accomodation before they arrive. Either they stay with friends, or in a caravan park, hotel, B&B, motel... all budget dependant of course. Then once they are here, and have a better understanding of the distances and importantly where the work is situated they make an informed decision.

I have had no experience with finding private rentals, perhaps someone else could help with that side of things.

Also, everyone does have differing preferences (hills, sea, city, suburb etc)... what 'Joe Soap' might like, I may not. Again, it is ALL budget dependent.

Keep us updated on your progress, and forumites pls assist with pvt rentals... I am clueless...

red

Edited by Red

Hi there this website is the place to look but like Red says you will have to be in Adelaide before you can secure a rental. I highly recomend seeing the places before you commit. Most people wont accept anything less that a year's lease and that is a hell of a thing to do without seeing the place first. http://www.realestate.com.au/