Can I apply for these jobs?

JacoE

Hi,

Me (again!). But I have to ask these questions.

Does anybody here know the IT job market in Melbourne?; or involved in the recruitment field?

My situation basically demands that I find a job in Aus before I can get an independant visa so I went and had a look for jobs in my field of expertise (delphi programmer) and found quite a few at seek in Melbourne. Almost all of these jobs look like once I could sink my teeth into BUT they all state at the bottom below the add 'Only people with the right to work in Australia need apply'. Should I respect this line or can I contact these people anyway (or would that practise be frowned upon).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jaco

HI JacoE,

I'm a little confused - I don't think independant visas require you to have a job offer in place - this is only needed if you are trying for a 457 sponsored visa, I think?

Be that as it may, there is no harm in applying for these positions and explaining in a cover letter that youa re planning to relocate. If they are being advertised by agencies, it is more tricky as they will probably look over you to the applicants that are readily availble, but employers are often less fussy.

Something else to consider is contacting management companies, like FreeSpirit (www.freespirit.com.au)and Lester Associates (www.lester.com.au). These companies are labour brokers or contracting houses, and they can sponsor your visa, provided you have a job to go to. They will sometimes assist with finding the job - if they have a current requirement - but if they agree to sponsor you, then you can approach employer with more confidence.

Good luck!

Ajay

JacoE

don't let that hold you back....my hubby applied for every possilble job on seek even tho he was not in Oz at the time and he got a job!!!

Good luck

Lindy-Lee

:D

HI JacoE,

I'm a little confused - I don't think independant visas require you to have a job offer in place - this is only needed if you are trying for a 457 sponsored visa, I think?

Just t to clarify, by independant I am talking about 495, not 136.

But thanks for the reply. I will look at these options.

My other is to be more patient and complete my C#/.NET diplomaand do the international exam. If I can claim the 15 points for MODL ic get the 136. Anybody know if an MS diplmoma is enough to claim the points, or do I need experience as well?

Jaco

please forgive spelling, I have the baby in my right arm most of the time, and typing left handed. :D

Just t to clarify, by independant I am talking about 495, not 136.

But thanks for the reply. I will look at these options.

My other is to be more patient and complete my C#/.NET diplomaand do the international exam. If I can claim the 15 points for MODL ic get the 136. Anybody know if an MS diplmoma is enough to claim the points, or do I need experience as well?

Jaco

please forgive spelling, I have the baby in my right arm most of the time, and typing left handed. :lol:

Hi Jaco

Sorry to say :D To claim the extra point for MODL you need 12 months of the last 18 month in the field that you are claiming points for so No just the MS diplmoma is not enough you need the experience :D .

Hi Jaco

Sorry to say :ilikeit: To claim the extra point for MODL you need 12 months of the last 18 month in the field that you are claiming points for so No just the MS diplmoma is not enough you need the experience :ilikeit: .

Yeah... I just saw that on the ACS site as well. [Creed: I WILL NOT GIVE UP]