IT Systems Admin/Engineer

calibrated

hey guys... since being made redundant in early december, i have still not managed to find a new place of employment :ilikeit:

been for countless interviews, and for every one, its the same story, you were close, but in the end we chose someone else. now after over two months of this :blush: it is really getting to me.

so if anyone hears or knows of an opening somewhere, could you please help a fellow saffa out.

i am a qualified IT Systems Administrator/IT Officer/IT Systems Engineer or anything else they like to call it here. i have citizenship, so thats another hurdle that doesnt have to be worried about.

basically i know/do

SQL

Exchange

Active Directory

Telecommunications

Network infrastructure

Cobol

VB.Net

VMWare

Windows Server NT4.0/2000/2003

Linux - Red Hat/Debian/Ubuntu

Blackberry Enterprise

OpenVPN

Sophos

Backup Exec

Crystal Reports

my email address is ashleygibbons AT bigpond.com

i can forward you my latest CV.

thanks to anyone who can help :ilikeit:

Edited by Cindylou

• 3 weeks later...

I saw in the other thread :ilikeit:

Congrats on the job offer - you must be over the moon! :ilikeit:

Leigh

Congratulations Calibrated :ilikeit:

All the best with your new job.

-Daniel (hijacking Christine's login again)

Well done...

with your experience.... I knew you would find something...

Brilliant...

joefromsa

hey guys... since being made redundant in early december, i have still not managed to find a new place of employment :hug:

been for countless interviews, and for every one, its the same story, you were close, but in the end we chose someone else. now after over two months of this :lol: it is really getting to me.

thanks to anyone who can help :hug:

Hi Calibrated!

I am so thrilled you've finally struck it lucky. My daughter's fiance who is highly qualified (Masters degree) in the same IT field as you are in, had a similar experience to you and try as he may (since September) he just could not get a sponsored job anywhere in Oz. They have finally given up and leave Brisbane on the 10th March as their visa is about to run out. They have in the meantime applied for a 175 skilled visa and are off to Germany to earn some euros in the hope that someday something will come up for them in Oz. It has been a thoroughly demoralising and frustrating experience for them as both assumed that their jobs - being on the critical skills list - would have prospective employers clamouring for them! Lucky you ... I'm so glad things have worked out for you. Regards, KK