New to the forum

MelbourneGirl

Hi All

This is my first post on this amazing forum :wub: I have been reading for quite a while and decided to take the plunge and run the risk of becoming a confirmed addict !!

We are a family of 4, two little children ages 5 and 7 and are wanting to go to Melbourne. We decided last year June and then started gathering all the information - Boy, its been a real journey already .... did the skills assessment, ielts , unabridged and all the rest.

We lodged our 176 visa application on 15 January this year with state sponsorship from Victoria.

We received a mail from our case officer on 9 February requesting medicals and pcc's.

So, that's where we are. Have applied for Pcc's and booked medicals for next week.

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has shared information and their personal experiences on this forum and hope that I too can be of some help to others.

Wishing everyone happiness, laughter and joy ..... and of course a visa in their passports.

MelbourneGirl

Hi Melbournegirl,

Welcome - this is truely a fantastic forum. I cannot tell you the wealth of info Ii have gathered from perusing these posts.

All the best with your application.

Cheers

MANDI

Another one going to Melbourne... their goes the house prices...

just kidding.. welcome and all the best...

Hi everyone

Thanks for the welcome..... Mandi and JoefromSA

Polly - and for the offer .. i actually have tons of questions but will ease into it .

don't wanna jam your mailbox

Right now, we are hoping the PCC comes quickly and meds go okay.

Regards

MelbourneGirl

Thanks Cramer and JennyR. This forum really is awesome and I am sure will be my source of information even when we eventually get over there

Hi MelbourneGirl

Welcome to the family, yip once your here, you completely forget about emmigrating, all you know is: "I need to get onto the forum today!!"

Just kidding, yip as you said, awesome people here, that help so eagerly!

Goodluck with the last bit on your yourney!

Stranded

Welcome to the forum - as you already are aware - it does become addictive.

From a "I need to get on the forum today" forumite.

All the best,

Hi

Lyn and Stranded - It's not a good sign 7am and I am already logged in !!!

Cramer - Because we lodged in jan we were expecting our visas around November and therefore planned to leave in December. Now that things are moving a bit quicker, we are really not sure. We have decided to take it a little step at a time cos at times we feel so nervous about the whole thing- but also very very excited.

We will start applying for jobs online once our visa comes through and decided that one of us needs a job before we pack up. I do have a cousin in Melbourne which helps alot.

Ideally it would be the end of the year as that would make sense for the kids starting at a enw school etc -but if things work out sooner - we will go for it !!!!!

This forum feels like comfort food , by the way - just so nice to know that so many people are thinking along the same lines.

Take care all

MelbourneGirl

MelbourneGirl

I see you are from Durbs so maybe we will get to meet you at a coffee club meeting. But if you have had a case officer assigned already, I expect you will get your visa long before November. Pending no problems of course.

Hello - and welcome!

Best of luck with the wait for the visa, and everything that goes with it!

And of course with the move across

Leigh

Welcome MelbourneGirl,

I am from Hillcrest/Kloof/Waterfall and living in Craigieburn, VIC with my dh and 7 year old daughter.

Let me know if you need any help or just someone to talk too.

Until then... Keep your spirits up!

Hi All

Leigh and Aus457 - Thanks - Just knowing so many people are in this move together helps alot.

Aus457 - Thanks very much for the offer. We have 2 girls ages 7 and 5 - We are looking at the Templestower/Doncaster area as we have heard the schools are pretty good over there and visited it last year and loved the area !!!! esp. the parks for the kids. Are you anywhere close to that ??

If there is another meeting in Durbs, we'll definitely try to make it.

MelbourneGirl