PR person for a SA Musician tour of Australia & NZ

Barnone

Hello over there my SAustralia friends(& those of you who don't know me),

Thanks for keeping the spark for a move to Australia 'smouldering' inside of me.

I'm still based here in SA and the progress with my visa is slow, actually stopped for a while !

I thought I'd better look at alternatives to experience life in Australia so have decided to get involved with an upcoming tour by one of SA's best known international entertainers(all very exciting as its happening in May but the name cannot be revealed yet, you guys will be the 1st to know when it is

made public, promise :ilikeit: )

I am looking to employ the services of a 'SA connected' PR person who has contacts in the Australian & New Zealand press.

Thanks & regards

DAVE

P.S any SA artists you would like to see in the near future, PM or email me at bigdavesee@gmail.com & lets see what we can do

Steve Stofsuier

No Steve is in hospital. Mmm. let's see.... Entertainers or arstists? - or is that the same thing? Internationally known. Don't have a clue..

$10 on Evita.

If you look in the DVD bargain bin at CNA or Musica you might be lucky :ilikeit:

I'm betting Barry Hilton!

'fraid not

He was there 18 months ago, I tried to get involved but he decided to do it himself ...

Any other comedians you guys enjoy ?

Johnny Clegg please! I'm sure Australians will be happy to see him & his band too.

Well done Sam.

You are "On top of Kilimanjaro" spot on !

We will be sending out a press release with all the details at the end of Feb but here are the cities & dates

Remember you heard it here 1st.

Perth Thursday 21 May 09

Melbourne Monday 25 May 09

Sydney Tuesday 26 May 09

Brisbane Thursday 28 May 09

Wellington Saturday 30 May 09

Auckland Monday 1st June 09

You can book your tickets at Ticketmaster or Tickettek

Check the website for details

http://www.johnnyclegg.com/

For the Perth people tickets are defintely with tickettek

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show....0c-c0e0fe8a2083

Tickets for Perth are from $89.00

venue is the Perth Conference and exhibition Centre at 8.00PM

Hi,

what about Theuns Jordaan & Juanita du Plessis. Will they ever come over and perform in Aus?

Telanie

Oh well, I guess he won't be coming to Darwin then. :boxing:

If Prime Circle ever comes over they better come to Darwin or else !!!!

LOVE Johnny Clegg. Have been to a few of his concerts here and really enjoyed them so thought it would be great to see him there.....Did a ticket search.....

$110.00 PER TICKET. Holey Moley! Thats about R700. give or take.

Hope I am wrong but thats what the site said.

Pity.

• 3 weeks later...

What about Casper de Vries???? That guy is the best when it comes to South African jokes!!!

I would like to see Steve Hofmeyer, Robbie Wessels, Bok van Blerk, Juanita du Plessis en Theuns Jordaan. Dit sal nou lekker wees om hulle almal op een slag hier te he vir 'n kuiertjie.

Chris Chameleon, Nianel, Randel Wickum (oh golly, my spelling sucks!), Koenie de Villiers, Mathys Roets (my favourite! Especially when he sings Koos Doep or Leonard Cohen songs - he's absolutely wonderful!!!)

Any chance that you could convince some of the artists mentioned on this thread to visit us in Aus? If so, pah-lease include Wagga Wagga as a venue! It is the largest inland city in NSW, and apparently gaining a reputation as the 'events' city! Plus it sits in the heart of the Riverina! All the surrounding towns may attend if in Wagga. Wagga is like the Grahamstown of Australia... Well, kinda, or at least, it COULD be - given a chance..! :ilikeit:

$110- per ticket..? Ag no man! That's a bit steep... If it was $110 per couple it would be better... $55 per person would see a whole lot more Saffers (and Aussies) attending the events! Reduce the price and I'll take 4 tickets (for the above-mentioned artists in Wagga!) :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...
LOVE Johnny Clegg. Have been to a few of his concerts here and really enjoyed them so thought it would be great to see him there.....Did a ticket search.....

$110.00 PER TICKET. Holey Moley! Thats about R700. give or take.

Hope I am wrong but thats what the site said.

Pity.

This average for entertainment here.

I did not see this until today, but have had tickets for the 5 th row in Brisbane.