Greetings from East London(the one in SA :)

Mitchel

Hi all, we are again toying with the idea of moving to Oz. We lived in the UK for 4 years and decided to come back to SA to start a family, just before we left we found out my wife was preg. My daughter is 3 months now. We were going to skip SA and go straight to Oz but wanted to be around family when the little was born. Been back for 10 months now and are not sure what to do, its tough. I am a Diesel Mechanic, we are thinking of settling in Perth. Decisions decisions !!!

Hi Mitchel,

WELCOME to the forum and good luck with your plans. You have definitely come to the right place for lots of information and support!

Oh, and Congrats on the new baby!

Have you checked out the immi site yet? Go to www.immi.gov.au

Happy reading...

Welcome to the forum - a great place to find all the answers to those immigration questions.

Hope you come rite soon with your decision. Its a tough one but worth the slog to get here.

Good luck.

Welcome Mitchel.

We moved to Perth in October from East London, and have no regrets about the decision.

Perth is a fantastic place to live, especially with young kids.

Good Luck with your decision. PM me if you have any questions.

Rose

Hi There,

We have been here just over a month and are loving it, my husband is a diesel electric fitter and we are on a sponsorship visa. Any questions just PM me.

Hi there,

Hubby and I are from EL, now living in JHB and on our way to Melbourne, 175 allowing :ilikeit:

good luck and welcome to the forum.

Al

Hi we are also in East London, waiting for our 175, we are probably also looking at either Perth or Brisbane, but hey anything is bigger and more exciting than East London so we dont care where we go. Welcome to the forum, you will get more info here that any migration agent.

Good Luck

Cheers

Nikki

Thanks for all the Hi's !! I would never have thought that there would be 3 people from EL on this form :lol: 3 people leaving EL must have halved the population? LOL

We are still unsure what to do, if we do decide I would prefer to do the visa on my own and not have a company sponser it as they normally tie one in to a contract of some sort. What are the visa options? According to the Visa Wizzard on the Immigration website, I can apply for a 175 visa. Its $2000 though and my skills assesment is R13000, bleeksim but its not cheap? Maybe getting sponsored is'nt a bad option after all, LOL!! Some suggestions?

Edited by Mitchel

Thanks for all the Hi's !! I would never have thought that there would be 3 people from EL on this form :lol: 3 people leaving EL must have halved the population? LOL

We are still unsure what to do, if we do decide I would prefer to do the visa on my own and not have a company sponser it as they normally tie one in to a contract of some sort. What are the visa options? According to the Visa Wizzard on the Immigration website, I can apply for a 175 visa. Its $2000 though and my skills assesment is R13000, bleeksim but its not cheap? Maybe getting sponsored is'nt a bad option after all, LOL!! Some suggestions?

Hi Mitchel, Nikki, Al,

I am also from little old East London.

I lodge my application for a visa 175 9 months ago so also just waiting now.

I am gonna go to Melbourne.

Good luck to you all.

Cheers

Ali

Hi Mitchel,

We are also from East London, and leave on the 11th March to move to Brisbane.

Good Luck

Cheerio

Sean