noobie

purplemoon

my husband and i have started looking at emigrating to Aus. We've looked at Canada, but their processing time is just WAY too long. We're both on British passports and did, very briefly, consider going to the UK but there are just way too many cons for my liking. crappy weather, education system up the pole, crime is on the increase, and they're being very badly affected by the economy.

my biggest concern was our 2 furbabies, i just couldn't see myself putting them into quarantine for so long, but now after reading so many peoples posts about how well their pets faired in quarantine i'm prepared to relook at going to Australia.

We're not in any huge hurry, as we've agreed that when our son reaches school going age then we must be settled where we decide to live. we've still got 4 years to go. hopefully the worldwide economy crisis would have settled somewhat by then too.

looking forward to readin the HUGE amount of info on this awesome site!

<waves hello to Arlene & Gecko> :holy:

I think I might know someone with a 2 year old boy and 2 dogs who wants to move to Aus.

Welcome. You will get lots of help on this forum.

I think I might know someone with a 2 year old boy and 2 dogs who wants to move to Aus.

Welcome. You will get lots of help on this forum.

:holy: would this person also be a scrapper? tis me Amanda from BM :whome:

:holy: would this person also be a scrapper? tis me Amanda from BM :whome:

Yes, I know. :blink: Good luck with your long term plans.

Welcome to the forum - its a great place for the ins and outs about Australia.

Good luck with all your plans.

Welcome. I think you are going to get the record from longest time between first post in the foyer to first post in settling in. ;)

Welcome. I think you are going to get the record from longest time between first post in the foyer to first post in settling in. :)

:ilikeit: i like to research thoroughly!

Hi there

I am also new to this site, and also on the verge of deciding should we stay or should we go. The reason also being my two "furbabies" - my two daxies that are spoilt rotten and have never been alone in their lives! If anyone can give us some reassurance about the kennelling etc. we would be most grateful.

BTW - We are located in Sandton in JHB and my hubby has been offered a position in Sydney. If we accept he will start work in May.

Hi there

I am also new to this site, and also on the verge of deciding should we stay or should we go. The reason also being my two "furbabies" - my two daxies that are spoilt rotten and have never been alone in their lives! If anyone can give us some reassurance about the kennelling etc. we would be most grateful.

BTW - We are located in Sandton in JHB and my hubby has been offered a position in Sydney. If we accept he will start work in May.

Hi and welcome.

Only you can decide whether to bring your pets or not. The cost is huge factor - About R30000 each but also their age. Anything older than 10 years may not be permitted.

We brought our cat and so glad we did. The 7 months were tough but what a pleasure to have him here with us. The quarentine stations really do look after your animals like its their own. They always come out fatter than ever. :unsure:

Jordy I would sell my granny to make sure my animals come with me. They are luckily all within the age limit and in good health.

I have heard some worrying things about the quarantine over in Sydney but it seems like they are just very busy and have to organise things as such.

I see you are originally from Honeydew - we are in Lonehill which is quite close. Thanks for the reassurance!