Purchasing of tickets from Durban to Adelaide

igovender

Hi. Our visas have recently been approved and now I am looking to purchase our tickets. What's best? Travel agents?? Booking directly with the airline company? Which airline? will be travelling with two kids. Direct flights?? Connecting flights - not sure what i shud do.. any suggections?

Hi. Our visas have recently been approved and now I am looking to purchase our tickets. What's best? Travel agents?? Booking directly with the airline company? Which airline? will be travelling with two kids. Direct flights?? Connecting flights - not sure what i shud do.. any suggections?

Hi and good luck for the move!

We used IOM (International Organisation for Migrants). There is more info about them on this forum somewhere. Deeksha in the JHB office organised our flights - much cheaper if you go thru them. Suggest fly at night, its better for the children. We flew Dbn-Jhb-Sydney-Melbourne but you may be able to fly JHB - Perth- Adelaide. Get the number for I.O.M its worth it and also you get a bigger baggage allowance. Deekshas number was 0123422789 - that was in 2007.

Hi Kay,

Thank you so much for this. I have contacted Deeksha at IOM. She now requires copies of our visas and passports and she advised that she will provide me with a quote thereafter.. I am hoping it's reasonable... thanks again for yr assistance!

Hi Kay,

Thank you so much for this. I have contacted Deeksha at IOM. She now requires copies of our visas and passports and she advised that she will provide me with a quote thereafter.. I am hoping it's reasonable... thanks again for yr assistance!

Hi there we flew with singapore airlines and they were fantastic. Booked directly with them and in our case they beat iom which I'm sure they can't always do. We flew Durbs JHB Singapore Adelaide. We have a three year old girl and the airline was brilliant with her. See you soon and don't stress Adelaide is great. Don't worry about the things that you can't do anything about right now you'll just drive yourself crazy.