Hi, gonna be in Adelaide soon...very nervous about the big move!

igovender

Hi we will be in Adelaide in March. I am so nervous as there are sooo many things to do.. and think about..like school for the kids.. accomodation.. transport.. all this is just too scary for me.. not even sure what to carry along.. at least i am hoping to meet some good people and make some good friends.. thanks to this really cool website!

Welcome, good to have you aboard.

Cant tell you much about Adelaide as I have never been there, but you will find a wealth of info here.

A bit jealous that you will be there in March and not me....just kidding. Enjoy the Ride

Hi igovender!

Welcome to the forum... from a newbie here in Adelaide... we arrived on the 24th of November '08 and have really enjoyed this beautiful city.

If I could offer one bit of advice, try stress less (forumites, don't laugh at me :) )... everything will work out just fine...

Shout if you have any queries... as I am sure you have many!!

Take care,

red

PS. There are many wonderful people here in Adelaide... I have already had the pleasure to meet a few!

Hi Red.. thanks.. will try to stress less... smartie suggested this website.. she mentioned you - so i am really grateful that you responded to my message.. glad you're enjoying Adelaide!

Hi igovender!

Welcome to the forum... from a newbie here in Adelaide... we arrived on the 24th of November '08 and have really enjoyed this beautiful city.

If I could offer one bit of advice, try stress less (forumites, don't laugh at me :rolleyes: )... everything will work out just fine...

Take care,

red

PS. There are many wonderful people here in Adelaide... I have already had the pleasure to meet a few!

Hmmmm Try Not Stress with trees falling on your house 2 weeks before leaving......Really Red Chuckle :unsure:

Welcome to the forum igovender - possibly your next addiction !!??

Definately take Reds advice - No stressing :unsure:

• 1 month later...
Hi igovender!

If I could offer one bit of advice, try stress less (forumites, don't laugh at me :thumbdown: )... everything will work out just fine...

Take care,

red

Hi Red,

We are planning a LSD trip in September and would really like to know some of the nice places to see while there. And any suggestions where to stay would be nice. Self catering and clean - the hotel food tend to get to us quickly.

thanks

Ian & Daleen

Hi Red,

We are planning a LSD trip in September and would really like to know some of the nice places to see while there. And any suggestions where to stay would be nice. Self catering and clean - the hotel food tend to get to us quickly.

thanks

Ian & Daleen

Hi there try looking at adelaide shores caravan park and resort. It is very close to the city but right on the beach. A short hop to Glenelg from where there is a tram into the city centre. Once in the city you can catch the free solar powered bus all round the city. The resort has some lovely challets and executive suites. Give us a shout before you guys get here and we can even take you to see some sights.

Hi there try looking at adelaide shores caravan park and resort. It is very close to the city but right on the beach. A short hop to Glenelg from where there is a tram into the city centre. Once in the city you can catch the free solar powered bus all round the city. The resort has some lovely challets and executive suites. Give us a shout before you guys get here and we can even take you to see some sights.

Hi Red,

Thanks for the info on the caravan park and resort and we will take you up on the sight seeing.

cheers

Ian & Daleen

Hi Red,

Thanks for the info on the caravan park and resort and we will take you up on the sight seeing.

cheers

Ian & Daleen

Hi there you will have to look up sharks fan for the sight seeing but I'm sure you will be seeing red as well, we are all good friends this side.

Hi Red,

<_< lol...

You don't want us to take you sightseeing... our '89 hatchback might not make it up some of those Adelaide hills...

But will definately be able to help when you're here...

Sharks fan are his wife are awesome people... you'll have an awesome time when you arrive!!!

Take care,

red

Hi we will be in Adelaide in March. I am so nervous as there are sooo many things to do.. and think about..like school for the kids.. accomodation.. transport.. all this is just too scary for me.. not even sure what to carry along.. at least i am hoping to meet some good people and make some good friends.. thanks to this really cool website!

:unsure: Crumbs, I missed this original post. Let me know if you need advice about schools.

Dax

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just saw this post. Welcome to the forum igovender. I am sure it will provide lots of info. Good luck on your move. :ilikeit:

Dax, please would you provide information on schools, mainly primary schools, if you do read this. We are seriously considering moving to Adelaide if we can find jobs. Thanks!

Here's a link to a search facility on the website of DECS (South Australian Department of Education.) When you use this facility you are able to find the website of any school in South Australia.

Search Tool for any school in South Australia.

Hope this will be of use to you. Identify and study the websites of schools in suburbs that may interest you. School's websites contain comprehensive information on a vast amount of school activities, mission statements, curricular focii and a load of information which would help you to make appropriate choices for your kid's schooling.

Cheers,

Dax

Thanks Dax - this is a really great site to research schools! :ilikeit:

:ilikeit: Crumbs, I missed this original post. Let me know if you need advice about schools.

Dax

Dax, not to hijack this thread, but may I ask, are you only a host for Adelaide schoold and education, or also for other cities? I need info on the Caldwell primary school in Canberra? :ilikeit:

thanx

yolandi

Hi yolandi,

Unfortunately I can only be of help in respect of South Australian schools, in particular State Schools. It's how things work here in Oz, each State is different to others in many respects.

I found a website for a Calwell Primary School (see link below), hope that's what you're looking for.

Calwell Primary School Canberra

Cheers,

Dax